Nadia asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

Can I give my dog the coronavirus?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

There are five types of coronavirus and Covid-19 is the fifth one. The dog does suffer from coronavirus but that is not similar to COVID-19. Contrary to Covid-19 which causes lung complications in humans, it causes stomach problems in dogs. And that coronavirus is different, not Covid-19. And that spreads between dogs. As per WHO, COVID-19 spreads between humans. So don't worry.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

No . but you just to watchful.

Attachment image
  • jorge
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

no but better care lest the virus crown mutate

http://adfoc.us/34343274889647

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Absolutely NO ONE knows. The whole virus thing is one guess after another. And they've all been bad guesses.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

• "Can I give my dog the coronavirus?"

I don't know. The word "Can" in your question means "Is it possible?" or "Am I able to?"

But you haven't told us whether you have a stock of the CANINE coronavirus.

Nor whether you have been infected by the HUMAN coronavirus - the one known as CoVid-19.

But if you have been infected, or have obtained a stock of the canine version:

🤯 Why on EARTH would you want to give it to your pet?

If you meant that YOU are infected with the CoVid-19 strain of coronavirus, so are worrying about something like:

● "Will my pet catch my coronavirus?"

the answer is that it is very VERY unlikely. But when a virus is undergoing mutations, we cannot be 100% certain that the CoVid-19 virus that infected you won't have mutated enough to also infect your dog.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronavirus will help you start understanding what the coronaviruses are.

There are 2 billion, 770 million web-pages about coronaviruses, so if you want to know more you should be able to find something helpful.  

King Les The Lofty - first pup in 1950, GSD trainer & breeder as of Easter 1968

Attachment image
  • 2 months ago

It sounds silly, but I think in Europe there was already a case of a dog dying from Corona virus, and I think some news caster said cats could be infected too.

• 2 months ago

It doesn't seem that other animals are affected like humans. Yeah, 1 in a million or animals weak immunes systems & the virus acts different with them than it does us. It doesn't see to be much of a problem. Avoid contact with the dog & don't let it sleep in your room. Take reasonable precautions to avoid contact if you are sick with the virus.

• 2 months ago

Coronavirus is known in dogs but what we humans are experiencing at the moment (Covid 19) is a different strain so probably no.   There is a vaccine for dogs against Coronavirus.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Maybe. if you were get coronavirus and you dog keep along with you in a long time. But it seems there is no much news pets got coronavirus.

• 2 months ago

Only if its un inoculated and you expose it to the canine strain of Covid Virus::::

Infecting your dog with Covid 19 though. 

Nope thats not possible............. Covid 19 represents no threat to dogs whatsoever .

Attachment image
    Source(s): Just an ole shepherd hid dogs and flock .
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.