Nadia asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

Can I give my dog the coronavirus?

Favorite Answer

There are five types of coronavirus and Covid-19 is the fifth one. The dog does suffer from coronavirus but that is not similar to COVID-19. Contrary to Covid-19 which causes lung complications in humans, it causes stomach problems in dogs. And that coronavirus is different, not Covid-19. And that spreads between dogs. As per WHO, COVID-19 spreads between humans. So don't worry.

No . but you just to watchful.

• jorge

no but better care lest the virus crown mutate

http://adfoc.us/34343274889647

Absolutely NO ONE knows. The whole virus thing is one guess after another. And they've all been bad guesses.

• "Can I give my dog the coronavirus?"

I don't know. The word "Can" in your question means "Is it possible?" or "Am I able to?"

But you haven't told us whether you have a stock of the CANINE coronavirus.

Nor whether you have been infected by the HUMAN coronavirus - the one known as CoVid-19.

But if you have been infected, or have obtained a stock of the canine version:

🤯 Why on EARTH would you want to give it to your pet?

If you meant that YOU are infected with the CoVid-19 strain of coronavirus, so are worrying about something like:

● "Will my pet catch my coronavirus?"

the answer is that it is very VERY unlikely. But when a virus is undergoing mutations, we cannot be 100% certain that the CoVid-19 virus that infected you won't have mutated enough to also infect your dog.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronavirus will help you start understanding what the coronaviruses are.

There are 2 billion, 770 million web-pages about coronaviruses, so if you want to know more you should be able to find something helpful.  

King Les The Lofty - first pup in 1950, GSD trainer & breeder as of Easter 1968

It sounds silly, but I think in Europe there was already a case of a dog dying from Corona virus, and I think some news caster said cats could be infected too.

It doesn't seem that other animals are affected like humans. Yeah, 1 in a million or animals weak immunes systems & the virus acts different with them than it does us. It doesn't see to be much of a problem. Avoid contact with the dog & don't let it sleep in your room. Take reasonable precautions to avoid contact if you are sick with the virus.

Coronavirus is known in dogs but what we humans are experiencing at the moment (Covid 19) is a different strain so probably no.   There is a vaccine for dogs against Coronavirus.

Maybe. if you were get coronavirus and you dog keep along with you in a long time. But it seems there is no much news pets got coronavirus.

Only if its un inoculated and you expose it to the canine strain of Covid Virus::::

Infecting your dog with Covid 19 though. 

Nope thats not possible............. Covid 19 represents no threat to dogs whatsoever .

.

Source(s): Just an ole shepherd hid dogs and flock .