Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 2 months ago

Why do people on the internet bash flip flops yet so many people still wear them?

Whenever I ask here on Yahoo or on any internet forum about wearing flip flops, most people tell me not to wear them saying they're trashy and provide no support for the feet. With those kinds of responses from people, you'd think no one would be wearing them, yet flip flops remain very popular during summer. Many people here in NY wear and don't even get me started on Hawaii and Florida because literally everyone wears them there.

So why are flip flops very popular despite the negative feedback I receive about them on the internet?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

People are weird when it comes to opinion. A lot of people will say how much social media is bad but then complain about it on social media. I mean if you feel comfortable wearing then then wear them and don't get too bothered what others will think.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Nick
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I just don't like them. The only place where they might be acceptable to wear is on the beach

• 2 months ago

They are popular because they are easy to slip into and slip off, and to some people they are comfortable, and they love wearing them.  They may be comfortable to me; however, I prefer to wear my Teva Sandals because they have arch support (I do have a high arch) and they have a heel strap so they do stay put on my feet when I am wearing them. 

• 2 months ago

Because most people don't care.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.