Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 2 months ago

Missed Period - Negative Test!! Help?

I had unprotected sex with the pull out method 24 days ago. My period is 15 days late. I have taken three pregnancy test all in which have been negative. The most recent one was this morning and was negative. I havent had sex since. I have been very stressed which isn’t helping.  When can I be sure the test is truly accurate? When is it too long for the possibility of being pregnant? 

At 15 days late I would say it is accurate, so no you are not pregnant, just stressed.

I'd just wait another week and test again but I would say you are not pregnant if a home test isn't coming up positive after 3+ weeks.

its rare but you can just miss a period sometimes, especially if youre really thin

IF you are correctly following the test directions AND IF you have not had more sex after that one time - then a test is accurate at 21 days after sex.

Periods can be late for other reasons.

Late periods usually means late ovulation.  (a period happens about 14 days after ovulation.  If you are not pregnant and have not had a period, then you may not have ovulated yet for this cycle for some reason - or you ovulated but it hasn't been long enough after ovulation for a period to happen yet.)