Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

Is appropriate or not to discuss personal issues when you're spouse doesn't want you to?

My husband of three week is American born. I am from Madagascar.

In my country, we are not used to having luxury stuff like door with a toilet. We have a different lifestyle.

I am perfectly ok with bowel movement in open but my husband has a fit. Almost like explosive. I try to understand but it natural and harmless and natural.

He keep telling me I in America now not Africa. Seriously?

I feel he need to be more free but it is his house.

But how can I tell him to relax?

bluebellbkk,

I am not troll. 

How dare you. 

This is my life and husband. We are just different in that way and I see nothing wrong with it but he does. 

I just wante to make thing ok. 

You need to stop making fun of people that doesn't write like you. 

We are all immigrants. 

Favorite Answer

It is appropriate to follow the customs of the country where you are. If in America, you should respect his American expectations and try to acclimate. If living in Madagascar, he should be willing to adapt to yours. Congratulation on marrying someone you don't know well.

• Dv8s

If it bothers him so much, perhaps you should respect his wishes and shut the door when you go number 2.

Why do you repeatedly post this?

maybe you should just shut the door

• Foofa

Regardless of what's normal in your culture you chose to marry someone from another culture. So you'll both have to find a way to meet in the middle and compromise on things. It can't be all your way OR all his way (if you want your marriage to last).

Will you never tire of this silly trolling, with your fake 'foreign' English!

• You have to accommodate your husband as he has to do the same for you. I don't going to the bathroom with the door is open is one of those things to make a big deal about. If he doesn't like it, then don't do it.

I'm sure there will be things he does where you can't put up with and if it's reasonable, then he will be accomodating.

You should pick your battles wisely to keep a happy marriage.

You could take pity on him and close the door.  Eventually he may get brave enough to seek sex.  Until then he may be very shy about your body.