Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

Is appropriate or not to discuss personal issues when you're spouse doesn't want you to?

My husband of three week is American born. I am from Madagascar.

In my country, we are not used to having luxury stuff like door with a toilet. We have a different lifestyle.

I am perfectly ok with bowel movement in open but my husband has a fit. Almost like explosive. I try to understand but it natural and harmless and natural.

He keep telling me I in America now not Africa. Seriously?

I feel he need to be more free but it is his house.

But how can I tell him to relax?

Update:

bluebellbkk,

I am not troll. 

How dare you. 

This is my life and husband. We are just different in that way and I see nothing wrong with it but he does. 

I just wante to make thing ok. 

You need to stop making fun of people that doesn't write like you. 

We are all immigrants. 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

It is appropriate to follow the customs of the country where you are. If in America, you should respect his American expectations and try to acclimate. If living in Madagascar, he should be willing to adapt to yours. Congratulation on marrying someone you don't know well.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Dv8s
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If it bothers him so much, perhaps you should respect his wishes and shut the door when you go number 2.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Why do you repeatedly post this?

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

maybe you should just shut the door

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Regardless of what's normal in your culture you chose to marry someone from another culture. So you'll both have to find a way to meet in the middle and compromise on things. It can't be all your way OR all his way (if you want your marriage to last).

• 2 months ago

Will you never tire of this silly trolling, with your fake 'foreign' English!

• You have to accommodate your husband as he has to do the same for you. I don't going to the bathroom with the door is open is one of those things to make a big deal about. If he doesn't like it, then don't do it.

I'm sure there will be things he does where you can't put up with and if it's reasonable, then he will be accomodating.

You should pick your battles wisely to keep a happy marriage.

• 2 months ago

You could take pity on him and close the door.  Eventually he may get brave enough to seek sex.  Until then he may be very shy about your body.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.