Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 month ago

Could I have a stomach ulcer?

For the last month and a half I’ve been having problems with being very nauseated. In mid-March I started experiencing some mucus buildup in my throat due to allergies that still haven’t completely gone away. But I spit it out when I can.

Before I get into this more I want to take the time to say I am not pregnant. Some days I wake up and I feel great, and can eat how I usually do. And other days I wake up and I feel like I’m on a boat in rough waters type nauseas. Twice now I’ve started running a mild fever. I’ve taken Dramamine 3 times in the past month to help me when it gets really rough. When I can eat it doesn’t take much at all for me to feel full, and that makes me feel worse because then it feels like all the food is just sitting like a rock in my stomach and I feel really bloated. I’m not getting any horrific pains, I would describe mine as more of a menstrual type cramp pain in my lower stomach whenever they do occur. And I feel extremely fatigued depending on the day. 

I’ve cut out most sweets and stopped drinking coke as well which I’ve noticed has helped a little bit.

To anyone reading this who has had an ulcer in the past, does it sound like I could have one? And if I went to urgent care would they be able to diagnose that or would they have to send me to a specialist? 

No, those are not symptoms of an ulcer. But it could be anything from indigestion to stomach cancer, so you'll have to see a doctor. (Btw, persistent nausea is *not indicative of IBS.)

Your query appears to say you may have a digestive disorder like Irritable Bowel Syndrome(IBS). This disorder is now known as IBS-Constipation and IBS-Diarrhea. Symptoms can include intestinal gas(bloating). Most disorders accumulate in the intestines and not the stomach.The stomach lining spews concentrated Hydrochloric Acid(HCL)to pre-digest contents and form a soup called chyme in 60-90 minutes and passes it to the small intestine for major digestion(total digestion can take 3-4 hours). There are a dozen or more digestive disorders that have similar symptoms that only a Gastroenterologist can identify disorders by conducting procedures that rule out some disorders and rule in other disorders. The best choice is you request your doctor refer you to a gastroenterologist. Patients can only visit a gastroenterologist by referral of your doctor. It is time to visit Google, and I shall provide some disorders that you can read about after Google gives information about each disorder: IBS, Crohn's Disease, Lactose Intolerance, Gluten Disorder, etc.

Good Luck.

harrald