Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 2 months ago

Is there a chance that armed robberies are about to go way up?

The widespread closures due to the pandemic has a lot of people out of work and in need of money, but there's a reason beyond that.

If you commit an armed robbery in a store, and want to reduce your chances of being identified later, whether it be my cameras or eye witnesses, how do you do that?

By wearing a mask. 

And this has to be the one time in history when you can walk into a store wearing a mask without raising suspicion. If anything, people are expecting it.

But eventually that won't be the case anymore. Sooner or later the pandemic will wind down and people wont be wearing them any longer.

And if you figure the last pandemic we had as bad as this was the 1918-1920 Spanish Flu, once this serious pandemic winds down, it could be another 100 years until the next one.

Seems like it is a golden opportunity for masked bandits, the window of time being unknown.

What are the odds criminals will start taking advantage of this while they still have the chance?

By the looks of it, the answer is yes. Certain people will use the bad economy, triggered by the pandemic, to commit armed robberies.

All the banks where I'm from have security guards who control locking and unlocking main entrance door. You are asked to remove your mask and show your face on camera before allowed in the bank. If you don't comply then you will be refused entry . I think all banks should operate this way .

• george2 months agoReport

I didn't say banks, I said stores. I don't think 7/11 stores will be hiring full time security staff.

i think thats possible

• martin

The masks will cause some armed robberies but the people not going to crowded areas would reduce the number of potential victims.