Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

Married man unhappy, player, or both?

Known him for years. He’s 20 years older. Reached out to me on fb & complimented a pic.

Said his wife had not touched him in 8 months. I’m not married & guess I let my singleness / quarantine get to me. He’s very handsome & we messaged back & forth for 2 months. Did not meet.  I asked him a week ago if his wife still isn’t touching him. He said she had the last week. And a red flag went up. I said I was done playing the game. He then said he was reluctant of it all anyway because he has known & been friends with my dad. He was hesitant in sending pics, sweet messages, or suggesting us meeting at a hotel when he’s out of town for work. He’s liked some of my posts on fb but no messages. I thought he was really in an unhappy marriage & didn’t think he was playing games. Was he?

Whether his wife will have sex with him or not is so very very much none of your business. Somehow you decided it was.  The idea that since she wasn't willing to have sex with him then it'd be perfectly fine for you to begin to engage with him does not spell that HE's playing games but very clearly spells that YOU are. He's a married man who is closer to your father's age and is a good friend of your father's. He might be your childhood fantasy but messaging him back and forth was YOU suggesting your relationship could grow in this other manner. Don't put all the blame on him! Otherwise, you'd have just said, "Don't talk to me about this stuff!" and ended it instantly. 

You what you cannot have. He is playing you.

Source(s): MGTOW

He's definitely a player and red flags should have went up the minute you knew he was married. So stay away from this man and keep your conscious clean.

He's married. That's all you need to know. He also knows your father -- yikes! That's why he looked you up. If he's good-looking, he has no difficulty attracting women and cheating on his wife. The old "my wife and I haven't had sex in months" story is just a line to pull in gullible women. Cut him off and find yourself a single guy.