Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 2 months ago

Should I just break my hymen?

I’m a 20 year old girl, and I’m a Virgin. I’ve been fingering myself since I was 14 but never with more than 1 finger because I can’t fit more than 1. Recently, though, I’ve been able to get a second in, but that stretches me to the max and kinda hurts. Today I bought a plusOne personal massager/vibrator. I used it on my clit and when I was VERY wet (I get extremely wet & I don’t need lube) I tried to slide it in, keep in mind I was very relaxed. Only got a few centimeters in before it started to burn, and I could feel the wide part just being blocked when I tried to push it in any further. It really burned and stung and it felt like tissue (hymen, I guess) was holding it back from going any further because it hadn’t stretched yet. Is this normal? I tried to push very hard because I just want to break my hymen so that it doesn’t happen during sex, but I can’t, it hurts too badly. I’ve tried cucumbers, can’t even get the tip in. Hairbrush handles have been successful but they don’t do anything to stretch my hymen which is what I need. Any tips? Is it bad if I just force it in next time and get it over with? Or should I just wait to have sex? 

y’all are mean :(

• Robin

I think you have a real concern and while you do have legitimate worries here is what I would recommend.  Quit trying to break you hymen yourself.   If you are 20 you can call the appropriate Dr. and just tell them that you want your hymen perforated.  that way when you do have sex it will be easy, no pain yet let your partner know he is the first and only.

Just wait till you have sex

You just might want to 'break' it yourself, but it doesn't have to be painful.

When my wife and I were dating, she was still a virgin at 23.  She had a septate hymen, a really thick one, and she had the same problem as you.  We tried having sex in every position imaginable, but it was just too painful for her.  

Eventually, she just did it herself.  She froze the area with an ice pack, severed the tissue with a sharp scissor, cleaned up with peroxide and problem solved.  Instead of sharp pain when she had her first time, she had multiple orgasms.

NOTE:  More than 20 years and three kids later, she still needs lots of warmup time before we can have sex, and I'm not a very big guy if you know what I mean.  Even with that tissue out of the way, your love engine needs to be properly warmed up before you drive it.

You know a hymen can be broken by other means? like riding a bicycle...

• D_21

That's been mostly refuted as a myth.

Some girls have an 'imperforate' hymen, which is a thick one and not easily torn. In this case, it may be best to have a doctor remove it.  If the vibrator you have isn't very long, it will not be good enough to tear the hymen. You can try a carrot and trim it to resemble a penis.

It shouldn’t burn to the point of not being able to complete your “activities”. It should bring you pleasure and nothing less than that. You shouldn’t force yourself to break your hymen and put yourself through a situation that could lead to damage. If anything during sex hurts you shouldn’t continue!

• :)

If you found those answers mean, boy are you in for a treat if you continue to use this website.

It seems to be that you’re misunderstanding the hymen’s purpose/anatomy. I’d encourage you to read stuff about it from reputable sources.

• Tulip

You don't have a hymen anymore stupid

• MissA

You do realize where your hymen is, right?