How does the staff in my apartment building have the elevator button pressed for my floor?

I just moved into a large apartment building and when I walk in, I say hello to the staff at the front desk.  I see them glance at something and the elevator button is lit up.  Then when I get into the elevator, the button for my floor is lit up.  If I press a button for another floor, they call me over the intercom and ask if everything is ok.

It’s a large apartment building. How do they identify me (do they have a photo or something of me that shows my name when I walk in) and how do they press the button for my floor?

I’m impressed.  Thanks.

they probably have cameras watching you

• Mr. P

You're impressed?

I would like to know why I was under surveillance and questioned if I step out of line.

Try wearing a disguise next time. If you have a right to be there and are not causing a problem (because you live there) then they should not question you.

But if they stop you and ask for ID - then you know you are living in a prison and not just a housing block.

Seems like you have good service in your apartment.