Can I turn down a job offer if I have covid 19 symptoms?

I've been unemployed for 2 months. My work just called me to offer me a job. Can I turn it down because I have covid 19 symptoms? How would that affect my unemployment benefits?I know that if you turn down a suitable job then you could lose unemployment benefits.

1. If you cannot work because you are sick (or have symptoms of being sick), then you are not allowed to collect unemployment, period. It does not matter whether the job called or whether you turn it down; you must stop the unemployment benefits simply because you can't work; you were supposed to stop them as soon as you got too sick to work.

2. Having symptoms right at this moment is no reason to turn down a job. Just tell them when you can start working (whenever you are healthy again if it turns out not to be COVID-19, after 2 negative tests if you test positive, or a certain number of days after your symptoms go away if you aren't tested) and accept the job with a starting date of whenever you can instead of immediately.

I believe that it's generally recommended to quarantine oneself if having Covid-19 symptoms, especially until getting tested.  Please call your doctor or an urgent care center to find out about possibly getting tested.  It's my understanding that the person with a 99.6 temperature or above with breathing problems, for instance, may *possibly* get tested.  (Just an fyi that for those with Covid-19, it's apparently recommended to *not* use ibuprofin but instead Tylenol or acetaminophen.  Please check with your doctor and/or pharmacist before taking any medication.)

Hold off telling them anything.  Immediately, get tested.  If you test negative, then use your own "good" judgment.  We now know that testing is only done in the throat, yet covid can be in other places in the body and not the throat.  They cannot test the heart, lungs, etc. so there are many, many false negatives.  However, if it is in your throat (it will be in other areas too), then you will test positive, and you should tell them you have covid and in x days, you will be recovered and can then come in.  Irregardless of ui benefits.

• car253

You need to get tested before you turn down any job.   Just because you have symptoms does not mean you have Corona Virus.   Get tested.