Can I mix meat with a kitchen aid?

I have this recipe the calls to mix sliced pork belly or shoulder for traditionally 5 to 7 hours. I want know if I can use one of the mixing tools on the kitchen aid the mix the seasoned meat for that long on low without tearing it apart

What a ridiculous recipe. Doesn't even make sense.

• kswck2

Mixing meat for that long would give you a watery mess, probably something that looks like mushy hamburger.

I wouldn't. You'd probably end up with something like hamburger. And maybe a burned-out mixer.

I have just read 8 recipes for tocino, which sounds delicious. Only one of them mentions mixing--BY HAND--for 3 to 5 hours, and it only mentions that in the introduction. When it gets down to the actual recipe, it says to mix for several minutes to an hour, which is about what all the other recipes say.

So, I'd say that if you have nothing better to do than stir the stuff around with your hand for hours, then go ahead and do it. If not, then do what all the recipe writers say is perfectly acceptable; mix for several minutes to an hour.

You're marinating the stuff for at least 12 hours, up to 3 or 4 days. It's hard to see what stirring by hand would do that marinating for days wouldn't do.

• J.S.

You can use your KitchenAid mixer to mix the meat, though the mixer will overheat and shut-off automatically at a pre-determined time.  

• Come again? You have a recipe that calls for hand-mixing meat for 5 to 7 hours? Could you possibly share that recipe with us?