Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 2 months ago

Should I give up becoming a police officer ?

Hi, I want to become a police officer in the near future. I'm 24 now. I know you have to take a polygraph test for one of the process to become a police officer. The worst thing that I have done that I would have to admit was when I was 21 I messaged a girl who i believed was 18 at the time because she was mutual friends with someone I knew . Anyways she lived in a different city and later we kicked it off and turns out she was 15, and she sent me a nude picture of her butt which I asked for, I felt super guilty of it after. I didn't send it to anyone else and I deleted it. I also never did that ever again. Basically what I'm asking is , would I even be accepted just by making this dumb mistake in my life?  Thanks 

I also have security guard experience for 2 years. 

Not all departments use a polygraph for officer candidates. You are being paranoid. That will get you rejected by most departments.

Police Officers laugh at security guards.

Let me see, what did I say all the other times you've asked this?  I've said "for one of the process to become a police officer" doesn't make sense.  You'll never pass the written exam.

What you claim you would have to admit isn't an issue.

BELIEVING it may be is an issue.

The fact you are closer to 12 than 25 is an issue.