How to kill off carpenter ants?

There were about 100 carpenter ants in my mom’s room. I killed them and sprayed a mixture of peppermint oil and water around the room. Then I closed the door. Was this a good way of killing them off or do I need to do something else?

Favorite Answer

mix some borax and honey together then leave it out, they will eat it and it will kill them off, with luck some will survive long enough to make it back to the colony and bring some of the mixture back, killing the colony. Make sure you put a lot of borax

• Anonymous2 months agoReport

oh ive done that, It really does work

Peppermint oil and alcohol is often used to kill ants if you can stand the fragrance then it's perfectly harmless but the problem is is if you see carpenter ants running around that means you got some rotten wood going on and you need to isolate it really darn fast because carpenter ants can tear down an entire wall in a matter of hours! if you can't find the nest yourself you need to call a pest control man fast because if you have carpenter ants in your wall or under your house like I said they can tear your walls down in a matter of hours from the inside.

That might do the trick. If I was in your position I would spray raid on all corners of the room. I’ve used that spray many times in the past and it always gets the job done.