What insurance do I need to deliver hot food in my own vehicle UK? ?

I have heard that public liability insurance costing me only £14 per month along with my personal car insurance is enough but now I need a straight answer as need to work... Thanks for reading :) 

5 Answers

  • Neil
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    The Public Liability Insurance only covers you for any liability due to your handling of the food (e.g. contamination). It isn't linked in any way to your motor insurance.

    You will need to add business use including carrying goods or samples to your motor policy, and probably increase the total annual miles allowed on the policy. Your motor insurer will be able to advise you of the cost, but it may be cheaper (particularly if you already have a lot of NCB so the loss of a few months of no-claims won't make much difference) to change insurer.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • May
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

    Ask your insurer what (type) insurance you need. Ask them what it might cost. They are THE only people who will have the 100% correct answer. Do NOT depend on asking strangers what you may need

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

    You will need hire and reward use added to your insurance. Your insurers will advise.

    • boy boy
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

      he needs courier car insurance

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Barry
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

    You need to contact your insurer to change your cover from domestic to business. It may also be that public liability can be included in the policy. If you fail to tell your insurer they will decline any future claim.

    • CoreyBoy2.02 months agoReport

      I have business insurance already but I've been told by a mate that I need something called Hire and Reward Insurance also? I'm so confused 

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    The only person who can give you a straight answer is an INSURANCE AGENT or INSURANCE BROKER.  I don't know what you drive, where you are, your driving record.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.