Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 2 months ago

Can I be a realtor without a license?

I have been helping people buy a home and charging fees consistent with realtors but I am not licensed. Is there any advantage to being licensed or should I keep offering services without it?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

What you are doing illegal. So the advantage is not being sued for practicing without a lisence. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Eva
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You are practicing illegally. You have to have a realtors license to charge such fees.

• 2 months ago

If you want to go through life committing fraud after fraud after fraud, go ahead, but don't be surprised when you end up in prison with a multiple felony record.  Realtors must be licensed in every state where they work and you cannot legally offer realty services and accept money for those services.  If you didn't get that, what you are doing is illegal.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience.
  • 2 months ago

only in trollville

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

This is a troll...and a lousy one.

• 2 months ago

Very simple...

If you present yourself as a realtor, then any fees you charge are illegal. By that I mean that if the clients refuse to pay you, there is legally nothing you can do.

If you are a broker, in most places you must be associated with a licensed realtor.

• 2 months ago

First, "realtor" is a trademark and only members of the national association of realtors are allowed to use it. Someone who does what realtors do but is not a member of that organization must call themself a "real estate agent" instead.

Second, you probably need a license. As with driving, the advantage is not getting into legal trouble for doing it without a license.

• Kieth
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You cannot represent yourself as a realtor, but you can broker home sales, as long as you are careful about laws and codes involved with property sales. Screwing up can get you sued or arrested.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

do not feed the realtor troll. report him.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.