Anyone else notice Y/A has been taken over by trolls and it seems like Yahoo is doing absolutely nothing to stop it?

Favorite Answer

Reporter trolls took over YA in 2009. The oldest and most obsessive reporter trolls are still here and are very active. Yahoo stopped paying employees to monitor or moderate YA in 2013. Verizon bought and merged with Yahoo at the end of 2016. Verizon took over Yahoo headquarters June 13-14 2017. That was almost 3 YEARS AGO!

WHERE have you been. and WHY did you come back? Yahoo and Verizon do NOT CARE as long as other businesses keep paying Verizon money for advertising space on YA.

• .

It hasn't been 'taken over' but there are PLENTY of users who don't use the site appropriately. That's why there's a "report" feature. The reason the trolls flourish is because there aren't enough users reporting violations. Yahoo gave us a way to report abusers, because it costs too much for them to employ staff to monitor every post on the site (even at YA's height, it was too costly considering this is a free forum, whose only revenue is from ads). 

Report violations when you see them. The more users who do that, the fewer inappropriate posts will remain on the site. Talking about how many trolls or abusers there are, changes nothing (nor does it provide information useful to anyone). 

There is a block button for this press yroll.prpfile hot block I'll take my best answer award now 😎

i haven't noticed many trolls but most of the ones i do notice tend to call me a troll even though i am not trolling, but that goes the same with the people who say your chating or ranting when your not.

• LAN

Yes, I have seen several of your posts.

• Daniel

Yes I have Noticed I just Block the Trolls and Ignore and move on its not Worth Stressing over them

• Steven1 month agoReport

Damn it that was my answer give this man best answer 

• Yes, it been taken over around 2013 or at least that is when the flood gates opened and the trolls started pouring in.

Yes. The funny "trolls" are fine and the reason why I come here. Obnoxious people dominate the site, though. I don't know why they come here since they have mostly each other to bother.

That cause they rude. Maybe you can ask them to stop.