Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 2 months ago

Can a healed piercing still get infected?

I’ve had my ears pierced since I was 6 months old but recently my right ear has been super red, tender dry and crusty. My left is getting bumps. Could they possibly be getting infect or having an allergic reaction to the earrings I’ve been wearing?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    You are allergic  to the metal.  A lot of people have the same allergic reaction.  The crusty stuff is probably old dried blood.  You need to take the earrings out, thoroughly clean you ears with rubbing alcohol or Hydrogen Peroxide (Do not put the earrings back in, the holes wont close)  This will kill off any bacteria from the earrings. Wait about 7 days.   Then, start coating your earrings with a light coat of clear nail polish(any part that comes in contact with the ear.)  The polish will help.  Otherwise,  you need to switch to a  NICKLE-FREE earring brand.  Some people go through there lives not allergic to something, then all of a sudden they become allergic.  It is from your body chemistry/chemicals.  They can change throughout the years.  I used TIDE detergent for over 15 years, and I am now highly allergic to the ingredients. 

    Source(s): I have been piercing ears for over 20 years.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

    They followed you to become a juan mutant suddenly I see is for the money but not for the music

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

    i think thats possible, i would go see your doctor about it

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    i think its possible and i would go see your doctor about it

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.