What Capture Card Can I Get For A Low End PC Laptop? (Ps4 Gaming)?
1) I have a low end hp pavillion convertible laptop with 4GB of RAM, 2.3ghtz and 4CPUs.
So does this mean I have to get a "not so good" capture card so that my laptop can handle it and wont lag?
2) If my laptop isn't strong enough is it better to get a self recording capture card that doesn't need a pc to operate? Or are self recording ones bad?
3) I heard that some capture cards split recordings after a certain time? Will this ruin the video as a whole?
4) I am not much of a gamer so I don't want to invest heaps of money into this so I am on a budget. I want to video a blind playthrough for YouTube. Since I am on a budget, what kind of capture cards are good quality for an affordable price?
I meant CPU 4415U if the "4CPU" confused anyone
- A.J.Lv 72 months agoFavorite Answer
You have a year 2017 system, Intel Pentium 4415U CPU with 2 cores and 4 threads with a Passmark test score of 2092
It is approximately equivalent to Intel Core i3-3210 desktop cpu from 7 years ago.
The 4GB ram gets mostly used by Windows and the graphics processor of the CPU, which is a low end graphics processor.
Roxio's capture at $80 is considered cheap. You do also need cables appropriate to ps4 It is an old design unit from about 7 years ago.
read comments and Q+A here:
Minimum System Requirements:
Microsoft Windows® 10, 8, 7, Vista™ SP2, XP (SP3 for 32 bit & SP2 for 64 bit)
Intel® Core 2 Duo Processor 1.8 GHz or AMD Athlon x2 64 2.0 GHz, 2GB RAM
Dual Core 2.3 GHz above is recommended for 1080 30p/60i recording
These were very old slow cpus. You meet what it needs.
DirectX® 9.0c compatible graphics card or higher, sound card
2GB free hard drive space for installation. 10+ GB free recommended for video recording
Windows Media Player 11 or higher
You may be able to work with VLC Player, but may need to find the old WMP 11
Internet explorer 7 or higher
Internet connection required for capture, live streaming, registration, product updates and tutorials. Any Internet charges are the user's responsibility
Internet upload speed for Live Streaming: 1.5 Mbps. 2.5 Mbps above is recommended
Theoretically, it works. Don't blame me if it has issues or it's slow.
You are working with a very weak laptop by today's standards.
- Aster RhoidsLv 72 months ago
Never have I ever seen a laptop motherboard with 4 CPUs.