Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

Do I have the right to be mad if my fiancée posts pictures in see-thru bra & underwear? ?

So my fiancé who I’ve been engaged to for 7 months (we are set to get married in October).. also have been dating for 4 years, decided to post pretty much naked photos of herself on Instagram. Honestly I wouldn’t have cared if it was a bikini pic but the fact it’s her in underwear and bra that were see-thru is really ridiculous to me. I feel hurt & honestly embarrassed & my friends are the one who sent it to me before I even saw it because I was at work. 

When I got home & confronted her about it she tried to downplay it and said “it’s not even that bad but if you want me to delete it I will” also went on to blame me & say that I was being controlling. 

I honesty don’t know what to think. I’m not controlling at all but correct me if I’m wrong An engaged woman shouldn’t be posting things like that? I’m honestly about to break our engagement over this... any advice would help. 

Need to see picture to determine how bad this was, your bedding her at the end of day just let it go,

I think it's a matter of her respecting how you feel about posting photos you feel are provocative. Try asking and understanding why she posted them and what she was hoping to gain out of it.

If this is true you need to break the engagement. These little things aren’t so “little” after all.  If you stay with her and get married and it falls apart later, then you’ll be looking back at all these “little” things and saying that you should’ve known all along. That’s what happened to me. But by then it’s too late. And ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure as they say. I’ve learned that from experience. You have to trust your intuition. People can change but I think their core values always remain somewhat the same. And if she doesn’t think this is any big deal it says something about her core values

• L

DUMP her and move on.  It sounds like she really doesn't care about you anyway.

No we all want to see them.

Considering she is likely doing a lot more that doesn't involve wearing any clothes, why would this upset you?

• David

The ONLY reason for a woman to post such pictures is to try to attract a lover, or to try to attract someone TO HAVE SEX WITH.  That would lead to the obvious questions.  1)  Are you not satisfying her sexual needs?  2)  Who is she hoping to have sex with, if she's not hoping to have sex with her fiance'?

If my fiance' pulled that crap, I'd be breaking the engagement a lot faster than it would take me to post a question on yahoo answers 

• kristy

Yeah, you should dump her. She sounds really slutty

• drip

You feel how ever you feel.  If you are mad or embarrassed then you are. 

You have no right to tell her to post photos or not to post photos.  You have no right to tell her to take them down. But you do have the right (and should) tell her how you feel. Any women, single, engaged or married has the right to post any kind of photo of herself she wants. There isn’t any should or shouldn’t. 

The point would be do you want to marry a women who would do this?  She feels perfectly fine posting photos of herself like this.

She’s obviously a bit of an exhibitionist.  My wife was a little pervy like that when we were younger, she’d prance around the back yard naked by the pool even if friends were over.  Some people get a thrill knowing there are others looking at them.  When we were younger, there were no apps to show off with, now the new thing is showing your body off.  It seems today anybody and everybody has seen each other naked.  She’ll get bored of it soon enough, it probably gave her a harmless thrill.  

Source(s): Married 30 years.
    • Dr. Stephanie

I doubt if this is going to be over, and it may be the tip of an iceberg.