My son is eighteen months old, and he’s beginning his “terrible twos” phase early. Everything is “MINE” how can I get him to stop this?

You don't, you realize it's totally developmentally appropriate and work on teaching positive social skills. It's okay to have some things that are "mine"... yes, that is your teddy bear, that is your favorite brown teddy bear that is so soft. If he's grabbing and saying "mine" when things are not his, a gentle, "That big, red ball looks like so much fun. Susie is playing with the ball, you may play with the car or the blocks." Just examples... "mine" isn't necessarily an issue or problem that needs to be stopped. If you wanted to take my car keys and drive away in my car, I'd probably say, "Nope, it's mine."

• Cammie

"Mine" is common behavior for that age.People develop in a certain way.You can't change that. As he becomes older, in a year or so, he will learn how to share.

• Tomalochk

I think that you are correct ..... because most 5 years old toddlers and older SHOULD have stopped behaving that way .

Well, it's not going to be an easy process, it will take time.

You need to introduce him to the concept of sharing. You can have this thing today, I will have this thing tomorrow.

It does take time. For a child to learn to consider other people, and not be completely selfish. He is still very young, 18 months is barely a toddler, so I wouldn't get too worried just yet. Just stay on that message, and he will get there, he will understand.

When it becomes a 5 or 6 year old toddler , that behavior will be over most likely ....