Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 1 month ago

My mother has a family member in the hospital with Coronavirus. Once in the hospital does it mean she likely will die?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

No. If she gets put on a ventilator, there's a 15% chance of dying.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Yeah she will probably die in a few days. I i were you i would start to plan the funeral. 

• Edna
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Just because she's in the hospital with corona virus doesn't mean she's likely to die. Hospitals have many different means at their disposal that will prevent her from dying. 

Just because she's in a hospital with corona virus doesn't mean she's so bad off that she needs a ventilator either. Many corona virus patients in hospitals never need a vent. 

• 1 month ago

Unless she is over 65 and has other underlying health problems she will probably recover.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Da
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Yes, it is most likely.

My uncle was in a hospital (without covid-19), after a month in the hospital, he caught it.

He died

• Edna
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

It's  almost impossible for a patient in a hospital to contract a corona virus. Patients in a hospital who don't have a corona virus kept well away from patients who do. Corona virus patients are in the hospital's Isolation Unit and they never come into contact with other patients. 

• 1 month ago

Not necessarily.  It means that it’s a severe case meaning she might have pneumonia or she’s having trouble breathing so she needs artificial assistance like a breathing mask or a ventilator or it could be as easy as sleeping on her stomach (proning). 

Best case is an oxygen mask or proning. Worst case is ventilation. I think stats says that about 30% of the patients that need a ventilator don’t make it. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, it doesn't necessarily mean that at all.

Many people have recovered after spending weeks in the hospital.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not necessarily.  By the way, if your MOTHER is a "family member", then YOU are, too.

• 1 month ago

You mean YOU have a relative in hospital, what an odd way to word the question.

Anyway not necessarily but if she has to be moved on to a ventilator her chances of survival are reduced to 20%.

Ask Allah to see her through.

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

no no it does not

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.