Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

When will the R&S war between Christians & atheists end?

Lord Bacon ..... you clearly fail to see the stark difference between intelligent discussion (which does NOT occur on R&S) and verbal war.

Peter ..... yes there is; it's a verbal war consisting of personal abuse, accusations, threats and put downs etc.

Favorite Answer

When Christ returns and puts an end to such foolishness.

• Nous

Only when the last Christians converts away from it!!

Look at the terrible intolerance, hatred, bigotry, homophobia and persecution posted by Christians towards others‽

ALL the other religions and atheists live in peace and are ONLY attacked by Christians!

The self-destruction of Christianity is underway and the only thing that can stop it is to abandon the terrible human emotions, seek to rediscover the idea of a loving god and act like it!

Christians not only drive people further away from God but are the reason so many DECENT people are becoming ANTI THEISTS!

Pew News reports Christianity is shrinking with a corresponding rise in atheism!

Five times as many Americans in 2014 said they never prayed compared to those asked the same question in the 1980s

When the Christians stopping getting free government paid for internet access. I have yet to see one on here that is mentally stable enough to have a real profession.

I don't think there is one.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian

Dissent isn't war.

Why are you christers such drama queens?

~

WHEN ALL THE ATHEISTS ARE GONE.

• Everard

Or when all the theists embrace reality.
      ~

I am not aware of a war. Sharing our views, exploring our differences, analysing and evaluating other people's beliefs .... these are all good things if they encourage us to reflect on our own beliefs. We can all learn if we are open minded. I hope my beliefs are not fixed for all time as it would mean I had stopped growing and absorbing new information and perspectives. Insults are a barrier to honest exchange so it would be nice if they stopped. I believe most of the hate comes from one particular direction but maybe we all think that depending on our own perspective. The worst thing we could do is to stop talking because we are not enemies. We just need to agree what we are seeking and how we get there together. I believe morality is the answer but others will have their own opinion. Let's share them.

• Peter

There is no 'war'.

• Peter

A 'war' is an armed conflict.