Do gluttonous people go to Heaven?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

They can, and frequently they do.

• Paul
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Gluttony is sinful, but like any other sin it can be repented of.

• Doug
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

Gluttony is a sin, but ALL sins are forgiven by believing in Jesus (Acts 10:43). I'm flabbergasted at the number of so-called "Christians" here that unequivocally told you gluttons go to hell. All of those people are guilty of minimizing their own sinfulness and proclaiming a false gospel of works (Gal. 1:6-9). That pretty much includes everyone here (besides me) who responded to your question. None of them know if they are going to heaven when they die since they all wrongly believe that turning from sins is a condition for receiving everlasting life. The fact of the matter is that repentance means "a change of mind." To be saved, an unbeliever must change their mind from any false idea of salvation and place all of their trust in the person and work of Christ in order to get to heaven. The Bible teaches that believers in Jesus still continue to sin (1 John 1:8), but their sins (past, present and future) have already all been cleansed by the blood of Jesus Christ (Tit. 3:5). It is the sin of continual unbelief that keeps people out of heaven (John 3:18) and ultimately condemns them to hell for all eternity (Rev. 20:15).

Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute so we don't have to go to hell. Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave three days later (1 Cor. 15:3-4). He gives eternal life freely to anyone who simply believes in Him for it. No one can be saved by doing good works. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone (Eph. 2:8-9).

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).

• Gluttonous ?

I don't think that's all they have, and their sins, who pays for them, you?

They'll all go to hell if they don't convert to God before they leave this earth.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Most likely not, and not so much because of gluttony, but their focus on eating rather than on God.

• Yoda
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

How would anyone know?

• 5 months ago

Bible doesn't say they can't. 

• 5 months ago

The warning in 1 Corinthians 6:10 is that thieves, gluttons and drunkards will not be allowed into the kingdom of Heaven. That's repeated in Ephesians 5:5 which adds that such greed is a form of idolatry. So when Revelation 21:8 & 22:15 speaks of idolaters being outside of Heaven, that would include gluttons who idolize their bellies, living to eat, adoring food to a degree that goes way beyond need for food, or appreciation of food. 

If their craving for food in great quantities is more important to them than is God, yes they are idolaters who will be kept out of Heaven. But 1 Cor 6:11 adds, “That is what some of you were, but now you are washed, sanctified, justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.” Those who repent of their gluttony and cease from being gluttons will not be kept out of Heaven for a sin they no longer give in to.

• Phil
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Maybe not.

Gluttony is considered to be one of the seven deadly sins.

• Misty
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

Heaven doesn't exist so the answer is no.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.