Goji Fan asked in HealthMen's Health · 2 days ago

Is it bad if you drink alcohol every day (2-3 drinks a night)?

• 1 day ago

1) What are you drinking? 2) How much per drink?

Are you able to get up easily for whatever you have to do that day? Are you able to fully function at what you're doing?  Are you drinking on the job? Does the alcohol drastically change your mood or personality?

Every person has their own alcohol tolerance. You would have to determine what the effects of this alcohol is doing to you ~if anything of consequence.

I have at least 2 drinks per day (like 2 ounces of alcohol per drink, and it's usually mixed with something) and it doesn't affect me.

But usually 2 drinks is the max, otherwise it will negatively affect me.

• 1 day ago

maximum for men without health problems is 2 drinks a day (for women, it is one).  But, what happens on the weekends, do you drink more then, do you ever binge? Can you not drink if you know you have to get up early to drive somewhere?

• 1 day ago

Yes, of course, there's no problem, as long as you were born winning first prize in the "strong liver lottery".

A specialist told me, 

For some people, even after 20 years of opening a bottle of wine every day, their liver is still healthy itself. It's extremely rare.

If not so, if I were you, I would maintain moderation in my dealings with alcohol.

To be precise, alcohol has only little good to do with the human body, so it's not "good or bad", it's "immediately bad or not good in the long run".

Whether or not alcohol is a problem depends on what kind of liquor "2-3 drinks every day" is and how much each drink is.

(There is a considerable difference in the amount of alcohol contained in each 100ml of 96% vodka and 5% beer, right? And I wouldn't need to mention whether it's a shot glass or a pint cup).

Also, the amount of alcohol that a person can accept depends on their race and gender.

Far Eastern Asians are often genetically inclined to have a low tolerance for alcohol.

The tolerance for women is one-half to two-thirds that of men.

As an example of specific figures, here are the standards promoted by Japan's Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare.

According to this standard, the proper amount of alcohol per day is "20g or less for men". This number assumes that you have one or two days a week where you don't drink.

More than 40g a day is excessive. Drinking this amount on a daily basis increases your risk of contracting a serious illness caused by alcohol.

In terms of the type of alcohol, 20 grams of alcohol is

Beer (5%):1 pint

wine:150ml

whisky:50ml

The Japanese are genetically the second least tolerant of alcohol in the world.

Therefore, unless your ancestry is of Far East Asian descent, your upper limit will be a bit higher.

Probably up to about 30 grams a day in pure alcohol quantities.

Then, maybe I should mind my own business.

When someone is frightened that their drinking is unhealthy, but can't stop drinking every day, they are standing on the threshold of a bad story.

I am concerned about the background to your asking this question. 

I hope that my concerns are only foolishly jumping to conclusions and that you are simply a person who wants to enjoy alcohol sensibly.

No matter what, drinking "every day" is not recommended.

• 2 days ago

I'd say it's OK if you could also go 2-3 nights (or more) without having 2-3 drinks.

I think the last thing you'd want to do is make drinking in to a routine habit, whether you're getting drunk/tipsy or not.

Source(s): Now go pick up a bus and throw it back down as you wade through the buildings in the center of town.
    • Kieth
      2 days agoReport

Godzilla!

2 days ago

It can be and I knew a gal who had lots of wine stored in her extra bathroom and she died of stomach cancer.  Try drinking some herbal tea instead and stare at the sunset and watch the world slow down to go to sleep and it can be just as calming.

2 days ago

It's not “bad” as in wicked or evil but from a health point of view you should have at least one day a week when you drink no alcohol at all.

In the UK guidelines say drink no more than 12 units of alcohol a week. If you “drinks” are each one unit then you are drinking 14-21 units a week.

Assuming you're an adult it's up to YOU to decide whether that's okay - it's fine by me.

I try to have one alcohol-free day a week (I don't always manage it) but I drink as much or more than you do. To me, that's fine as it affects no one else and I'm coming very close to the end of my life anyway. BUT I think it's really important that a person is aware of the possible consequences of what they do. In my case I certainly do NOT think that I am a particularly “responsible drinker” and expect that my alcohol consumption has a negative effect on my health.

• 2 days ago

It is not good to drink 2-3 drinks of alcohol at night. First, molecules of alcohol deplete molecules of water by 8-fold. The more alcohol you consume, the greater the loss of liquid in your body. This rule is displayed if you drink a lot of alcohol then go to bed and in a few hours awake and very thirsty. What I have done for years if I go for a drink is to have a side-order of water or cola to dilute the alcohol content of the drink I have consumed. Nightly drinking of alcohol is not good for your liver that must filter the alcoholic drink as you urinate. Beer consumption is less dangerous but still has its problems but can empty your bladder more often for safety reasons. I prefer a side-drink of Sprite or 7UP when I drink alcohol.

harrald

2 days ago

No that's normal. Ignore these negative pessimists saying "your  liver". Good genetics will prevail and trust in God.

I get drunk every night and get away with it. Ha ha suckers.

• Nicholas2 days agoReport

god aint going to do **** buddy. hope you havent done too much damage to your liver

2 days ago

If I were you I'd be giving my liver a rest and maybe having 2 or 3 drinks, 2 or 3 nights a week.

• Kieth
    2 days ago

It's bad when you can't stop, when the alcohol controls you.