eren asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 3 days ago

Problems with my Dad?

Hello, My name is Eren I am currently 18 years old. Right now I have some problems with my Dad I feel like it’s my fault. My Dad isn’t the greatest Dad in the world but he’s definitely hardworking. He’s usually out of town working construction and comes back during the weekend. When he comes back it’s usually awkward being around him, since we don’t really talk that much and since he only understands Spanish it’s hard to communicate with him. He usually sits on the couch and he drinks all day, i also feel he might be doing drugs. My Mom doesn’t really love my Dad, she says he doesn’t help out with money, he always drinks, does nothing when home, and as well as argue with her. She told me why does he even bother coming home. I’ve been living with my grandparents all my life since my parents can’t afford a house and mom blames my Dad. Me and my Dad had a talk, he was obviously drinking but I still talked to him. At the end of the conversation he told me “what do you do for me?” I didn’t know how to respond to that. I really felt bad and that makes me feel like a bad son. I don’t know what to do, please give me your responses. Thank you.

2 days ago

not much you can do but pray he changes

• ?
    2 days ago

Listen up, and listen real good here-

You are not to blame here for your fathers issues, or for you living at your grand parents house here! Your Dad has issues that have been with him long before you

were even born, so how can you hold yourself responsible for the choices that HE

has made in his life?

I'm going to be blunt here, your Dad is not a real man, he's a little boy who thought he could play a big boy game by ejaculating inside your mother, he really has not been a father to you! Real men step up, and he should have have saved up money the second he knew she was pregnant, even if it was an apartment, it still would have been something! Real men provide for their families, and most importantly he has not been there for you for anything while you were growing up.

The fact that he had the audacity to say that "what have you done to me", it speaks volumes about his severe lack of character! If it were me I would have called his bluff by saying "tell you what lets compare notes, I'll tell you what I have done for you, and you tell me what you have done for me as a parent"! I can assure you the idiot would have nothing to come back with, because you can't create something if it doesn't exist.

I'd write him off if I were you- He's never been a father, hes a sperm donor! No harm no foul, you move on with your life, and hes free to burn his to the ground by drinking etc.

3 days ago

You should do what you can to repair your relationship and if that doesn't work out, so be it. If he wants a good son , he should be a good dad.

• eren3 days agoReport

Sorry about that and yes I would like your opinions on what I should do.