Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 3 days ago

How do people eat chicken with thyme rosemary and oregano. I find myself the herbs to be way too strong?

I folllpwed a receipe that required a teaspoon of dried thyme oregano and rosemary for one pound of boneless chicken thighs and i was biting hard stuff plus it was way too overpowering. I couldn’t even eat it

• IvaB
    1 day ago

A tsp. of thyme and rosemary is way too much for 1 lb. of chicken.Thyme and rosemary are hard and needle like,so they need to be broken down somewhat.Try breaking/crushing them down smaller to make more them more palatable.A mortar and pestle works great,or a real quick spin in an electric grinder would help as well.

• denise
    2 days ago

Rosemary can be 'spiky' to eat, dried herbs are stronger [ more concentrated ] then fresh ones, so its wise to use less in recipes.

• 2 days ago

Odd how you've apparently used this same recipe over and over again like you ask the same question over and again without learning your lesson.

If you don't like a recipe, stop using it.

And stop trolling.

• kswck2
    2 days ago

Dried rosemary is quite strong, and many recipes suggest you grind it up to prevent it from getting stuck in the teeth.

Instead, try both fresh, not as strong a taste.

• 3 days ago

Whenever I add herbs, dried or fresh, to a dish, I add them to taste not the recipe. I am no chef, but most would say add the seasonings, taste and then adjust.

• You clearly like bland food. Other people don't.

• Come on Desiree - I gave you the recipe that uses FRESH herbs. Try that and see what you think. You used one TABLESPOON of dried herbs for about 2 servings of chicken. That's disgusting.

• 3 days ago

If that's what the recipe really said, it's a terrible recipe. That is FAR too much of each for only a pound of meat.

• Mark
    3 days ago

Then just rub them on the chicken and put them in a little cheesecloth bag to bake/simmer them.

I know a lot of people don't like rosemary's texture. ("It's like eat pine needles.)  What I have found it with most recipes if you use "fresh dried herbs", you can use half the amount if you don't want to do the things above.

• Orla
    3 days ago

I agree.  I usually like chicken and things with as little spices as possible.  Maybe olive oil, a bit of salt.  Thats it.