Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsDiabetes · 2 months ago

My legs go numb when I sit?

Why is this happening? I don't think I have diabetes

you need to go to the er and get that checked out

• daisyellow78

the EMERGENCY room is for EMERGENCIES, this is not an emergency, so no one would not go to the emergency room to get it checked out, but the regular doctor

you have a very rare disease called "my f u c k i n g legs fell asleep again"

This is caused by piriforms muscles this is where they pinch the sciatic nerve..... which causes the numbness with pressure on the rear muscles and sciatic nerve you get numbness.

• Shay

Legs going numb when you sit is a sign that your chair has the wrong support for your body.  You are pinching nerves or cutting circulation when you sit.  Sitting on tall chairs can cause this problem.  Sitting on any chair that doesn't allow your feet to firmly touch the ground can cause this to happen.  Sitting too long at one time can be a problem.  Crossing your legs can increase the problem.  Tight clothing can increase the problem.  

This is probably more of an ergonomics problem instead of a true health concern at this point.  Try making some changes and see if things improve. 

Numb legs is NOT an early symptom of diabetes - so don't be concerned about that issue.  It takes YEARS of poorly controlled diabetes before numbness in the feet and legs begins.  You would be having many other symptoms if diabetes was part of this issue.

is your weight over your legs