How do I change the baking time on this brownie recipe if I want to bake it mini loaf pans?

The brownie mix recipe says to bake it at 325 degrees for 38-42 minutes in an 8x8 pan.   Instead, I want to use mini loaf pans that meausre 4" long, 2.5 " wide, and  about 1 inch deep.  Thank you.

• 2 days ago
    Favorite Answer

You might have results you don't like

First most mini loaf pans will be about 3 inches deep. not 1

By the time the center of the brownie gets done the edges will be way over baked. 

You can try wrapping the outside of the pan with damp paper towels then wrap that with foil this will keep the edges of the pan from heating up real fast and letting the center start baking 

I tend to like brownies a bit under baked, so they still have a real moist crumb when you test them.  They continue to bake when you take them out of the oven due to the heat of the pan. 

If the batter is not more than 1  inch deep I would check the brownie at 15 minutes then keep an eye on it until it is done the way you like it. 

(when you put the batter in an 8 inch pan the batter is not usually more than 2 inches deep, and they do not rise so other than the sides baking faster than the center it is about the same.)

• House825
      2 days agoReport

Thank you for all your details.  I had to bake them before I got any answers.  .   The wells iin the pan really are just a little over 1 " deep.   I baked them for 23 minutes and they were great..  Again, thanks for your detailed and thorough answer!  Happy  Baking!

• kswck2
    2 days ago

Use the same time, just check the internal temperature a bit more often.

• 3 days ago

Starting at 32 minutes, toothpick test the loaves. When the toothpick comes out clean, it's done.