Carleigh asked in PetsCats · 3 days ago

Why does my cat hiss and growl at me?

We got this cat five years ago with another cat (both cats were 8 months old). Around 2 years ago I began going to college and this cat began hissing at me everytime she saw me even if I wasnt bothering her.

This past November I got my own cat to live with me at college and she often stays in my bedroom when I am home and since these cats dont get alone, they alternate on who is locked up (family's cats get 4 rooms to venture around when locked up and my cat only gets one room when locked up). 

The hissing cat has increased on her levels of hissing and recently she evolved to hissing and growling and I honestly have no clue what to do. I could begin talking to a family member or just walk into a room when all of a sudden she begins hissing and running out of the room.

This cat was never really mine (the other cat we got her with was and shes fine with me) so I don't think she's mad at me for going to college because it wouldnt really make sense and I dont know what is happening.(She has also recently hissed and growled at my mom which is new, but it doesn't happen as often as it does with me.)

• patty
    3 days ago

maybe try some Feliway, its plug on device that improves the mood of cats