Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 3 days ago

Should I press criminal charges on these parents who hurt my child?

I let my kid go to sleepover, I told the parent that my family is VEGAN so no animal product and I packed my son his own breakfast/lunch/Dinner for the weekend. When I pick him up in the morning I see that they have pizza boxes in their trash when I pull up. I did ask them if my kid had pizza, they said no he didn t. I didn t believe them whatsoever I got my son in the car and asked his and yelled at him to tell the truth. He started crying and said he ate Non-vegan all weekend. I was Livid. I sent the voice messages tell them off and saying I was pressing charges. My son s father said I was being irrational. I am not. They harmed him. My Fiance says I should rethink the criminal aspect of it, and if it did go through they could those their kid I DO NOT CARE. THEY COULD HAVE KILLED MY BABY. Am I being irrational?? This happened a month ago and I m thinking of driving down to the police station next week.

• 1 day ago

You're being crazy unless if your kid is allergic to pizza the judge is seriously gonna laugh at you. I think it's wrong that they didn't respect your wishes regarding your child i don't disagree with that but you need to calm down and yelling at your child until they tell you the truth isn't okay. It's gonna make him not wanna tell you things because then in his mind he's gonna think well my moms gonna yell at me if i tell her the truth. Also him eating non vegan food will not kill him you're definitely over reacting when you say that.

• 1 day ago

You would not have a criminal court case and no lawyer would take a civil case like that unless you have something in writing.  And one could argue that they were trying to help your child.  Vegan food is highly processed and lacking in many ways.  Now if your child was diabetic and they knew about it and fed him sugar, that's a different story. 

Personally I don't let me child spend the night at anyone's house where the is no landline.  I feel that's much more dangerous than eating non-vegan food.  I need to confident that my son could pick up a phone and call 911 without the fear of the battery being dead or wasting time to unlock the phone and then providing a physical address.

You should have sent food specifically for your child.  Or maybe let him only sleep in vegan households.  Being religious, we would never let our child spend the night in an atheist or non-Christian house hold.  You should think about that.  I am sure there are other vegan parents out there. 

• J
      1 day agoReport

Nobody has landlines anymore. That’s crazy. And you think it’s ok to choose your kids friends based on religion? You’re almost as crazy as the OP!

• 1 day ago

There isn't a court in the universe who would consider allowing your child to have a slice of pizza was abusive in any way. If any one is being abusive it's you--for yelling at your kid until he "confessed".  A slice or two of pizza is not "killing" your "baby."  

Are you being irrational? Absolutely YES. Back off. You can be vegan if you want to--no one gives a hoot about that. But blowing up like a volcano because your child got to eat differently?  That's not merely irrational--it's pandemic-level crazy. 

1 day ago

Why in the name of hell would you press charges? They didn’t force feed him...

• 2 days ago

You need some psychotic medication. You are incredibly irrational, no doubt about it.

First of all, YOU do not press charges, the police do when a crime has been committed. No crime here. Bringing your poor kid to tears because he wanted to be part of the party and eat pizza rather than be out casted with your bagged food is irrational.

Also, here he is a month later, unharmed by pizza, and still alive. So, no damages were even incurred.

If you wish to make a complete and total fool of yourself, go ahead and March your irrational self down to the police station. I am sure the men in blue need a good laugh right about now.

• 2 days ago

"yelled at him to tell the truth." WRONG!!  You hurt your own child, which might be small case of parental abuse right there.  (My mom did that too, know how it feels.)

Did you ask yourself why he ate non vegan?  You might ask him in a gentle, compassionate voice, holding their hand.  You might learn something about yourself in process. Youre really concerned about vegan, and neglect equally important family communication rules.

cant even read the rest of post.  scared to.

2 days ago

I think you should calm down, he should eat meat, lots of protein in it. Dont cause trouble, for your son friends, he wont have any, he will get a bad rap for it

• Eva
    3 days ago

Get a grip. Just because you believe in the vegan lifestyle doesn't mean everyone does. Since this happened a month ago, obviously there was no harm to your child and your assertion that they could have killed him is laughable. The police don't want to talk to you and CPS doesn't either. Your son had a choice of food and obviously wanted to eat the same things the other kids did.

• SomeGuy0914 hours agoReport

Sounds like even the kid doesn't want to be Vegan. You can't force people to do it. 

• 3 days ago

Is there a medical reason for his veganism or your preference? Unless your child has a condition in which he is physically unable to process animal products and you passed this information to the people caring for him and they willingly and knowingly gave him animal products with the intent of causing harm... you have no basis to call the police. It has also been a month, sure I think you are well within time frame for reporting actual abuse, however, your behaviors toward your child are by far more abusive than those you wish to report. It sucks your friends didn't respect your wishes regarding foods you don't want your child eating, it sucks they lied to you about it, it sucks your child is in the middle of this. They didn't harm him, they didn't attempt to harm him, he has no life-threatening allergy to the foods he consumed. Disrespectful? Yup, but criminal? Nope.

3 days ago

You’re so distraught about it that you’re waiting 5 weeks to do anything?  Did your kid die?  What did you do to punish the child for going against your wishes?  By all means go to the police station.  They’ll have a good laugh at your expense.  How exactly was the kid harmed?