Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 1 month ago

Do shooting ranges prohibit convicted felons?

I’ll be going in with an airgun.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Ranges don't do background checks. You show up and pay for a lane, just like a bowling alley.

Whether or not a particular felony conviction makes it unlawful to possess a particular 'airgun' varies by location.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

No range I know of will allow you to use an airgun.  On the other hand why do you need to go to a range when you can fire an airgun practically anywhere?

• 1 month ago

Felon or not, the range may prohibit air guns.

• 1 month ago

Ranges aren’t safe. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • BBean
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I`ve been to a few shooting ranges but have never seen a sign posted to prohibit convicted felons. The burden of felons not being allowed to be around guns belongs to the felon. A felon knows the rules or back to the pokey. Some convicted felons of violent crimes are not even allowed in gun shows, however, no keep out signs there either.

• 1 month ago

It is not against the law for a convicted felon to possess an air gun or to possess a bow and arrow or a spear. And a convicted felon can have their rights restored after they have served their sentence.

• Higgy Baby
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Nope, not in every case. Depends on the crime and degree. If it was a crime of violence- they will always be prohibited from having possession of a firearm. Unless they can appeal the charges and have their record cleared.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

they dont do a background check. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.