Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 3 days ago

Is she in good hands?

My daughter is dating a man who’s a little younger than her. He has an interesting job, really good credit score, smart investments, he’s a really nice guy. 

I’m concerned because he doesn’t make as much as my daughter at work but his investments did pay off. My daughter graduated college, he didn’t. 

They’re in their early to mid twenties. My daughter’s been in an apartment since she started college, he still lives with his parents but has been looking to move out. 

He’s funny, tall and muscular, doesn’t drink, he’s my favorite guy that she’s had. I know he plans to marry her. But I’m concerned. He has a good job that’s hard to get but I’m unsure. 

• A
    3 days ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't know what you have to be concerned about, he treats her well, obviously is good with managing his money. He may make less than her now but could make more than her in the future but why does that matter?

• 23 hours ago

That's really none of your concern.  Whether you are worried or not, you shouldn't fool yourself into thinking you have any say in the matter.  You daughter is an adult and she will do whatever she thinks is right for her.

• 1 day ago

yes she's in good hands and him not going to college is irrelevant he has sh*t together and he's good to your daughter. What more could you ask for?

• 2 days ago

From what you say, she has as good a chance as ANYBODY ever has of a successful relationship with this man. We can never know what's around the corner; we can only go with what we know NOW, and right now you know she's happy with a man who's got a good job and who loves her.

Honestly: what more can you reasonably ask for?In any case, she's an adult. Although of course you'll always worry about your own child, you do have to accept that she's on her own path now and you have no part in her decision.

3 days ago

it sounds like she is

• Foofa
    3 days ago

Don't fall back on the trope that women need to "marry up". Wives are the primarily breadwinners in plenty of families (my own included). This just isn't a big deal as long as he's stable and treats her well.

• r
    3 days ago

Just support your daughter, besides, shes of age, you dont want to lose her

• Eva
    3 days ago

Sounds like a pretty decent guy that has his head on his shoulders, but it's really not your call.

• 3 days ago

It's your daughter's life and choice, not yours. Mind your own business.... it's not like the guy is an axe murderer or drug dealer.

• 3 days ago

If you like him better than anyone before, yes.  As parents we do have the tendency to idealize who we want our kids to end up with, as we also did when choosing a partner.  Your partner wasn't perfect and hers won't be either.  So I suggest you stick to your gut feeling, and as stated, you like this one better than any other one before.