On the day I do my blood work, can I bring a friend along to help me relax if I get nervous?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You can bring a friend with you, if you want to; but it's really not necessary. Your friend wouldn't be allowed to be in the room where they're drawing your blood anyway. 

There's nothing to be nervous about and you don't need help to relax. All they're going do is draw a little blood out of a vein in your arm. One little needle stick, and that's all. Takes less than 3 minutes, start to finish.

I can't understand why so many people get so upset at the thought of having blood work done. Having blood drawn doesn't hurt. It they get that upset over such a simple thing as blood work, I shudder to think what they're going to do if they ever have to have surgery, and the nurse inserts an in-dwelling IV line in your arm in order to administer the medication that will 'knock you out'. They'll probably faint!! 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • audrey
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Normally that wouldn't be a problem. But Covid is limiting people in any medical situation, so you had better call and ask.

• Lilly
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

You can but yes they probably can't come into the area where they take your blood.

It's no big deal really. Just don't look at what the nurse is doing and it's just like a little pinch.

• TedEx
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You can However he would not be allowed in the room where the blood sample is drawn.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Sounds disturbing

• 1 month ago

I'm sure it would be allowed.  But if you're wondering, why not call the blood lab ahead of time and ask?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.