Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceOther - Education · 4 days ago

How to temporarily disappear ?

It might sound weird but, I want to vanish for awhile. Go off grid. My original plan was to join the military, something I’ve always wanted to do. I thought it would be good to be in BMT for a couple months, then come back into my family and friends’ lives. But I have stretched ears and it’s my understanding that if light can shine through, it’s a no go. So I was wondering if there’s any other places or programs where I wouldn’t be allowed phone usage, that would last at least a month where I can better myself. I’ve got a low sense of self control when it comes to not using my phone or refraining from contacting my friends. I also don’t want to just delete everything for a month, I feel that wouldn’t be productive. Any help would be appreciated. 

• 2 days ago

I'm not sure how to temporarily disappear without panicking one's family and/or friends.  Perhaps you can turn off your phone, for instance, or only check for messages at a certain time of the day, such as to focus on yourself more.

For anyone considering therapy or counseling, here is a website:

https://findtreatment.samhsa.gov/

Their toll-free 24/7 ** referral * hotline:

1-800-662-HELP (4357).