Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 2 months ago

Is it okay to feed my cat a cheeseburger?

I got her a cheeseburger from McDonalds & now I'm having doubts... is it okay for her to eat it ? I could get her a burger from Burger King or something from KFC if that's better.. I want to give her a special meal once a week because it must be boring eating cat food all the time..

• Mark

Well, cats are lactose intolerant, so if you like diarrhea, OK...  Best to give "her" a hamburger.

• Sky

McDonald's barely qualifies as food.  Even YOU shouldn't be eating it.  But as far as the generalized question goes, the beef would be fine for the cat as long as it's low fat and doesn't contain too much salt or spices that can be potentially harmful.  Cats love cheese but they're supposedly lactose intolerant, so you'd want to give only a little bit of that, or use a lactose-free cheese (we gave milk to our cat when I was a kid and she never had a problem with it).  The bread from the bun should only be given in small quantities.  And avoid giving any of the toppings other than lettuce; onions and garlic are toxic to cats.

If you want to give your cat a treat, just open up a can of tuna or salmon, or cook up some lean beef, chicken, turkey, or pork.  Be sure to cook thoroughly, especially the poultry and pork.  As always, use moderation and give small amounts at a time along with her regular cat food so she gets the right nutrition.

No, cats are lactose intolerant it would give her diarrhea, and then you would have the problem. Just feed your cat only cat food. Not People food. Just buy her the same brand but a different flavor once a week.

• Ocimom

IMO I'd be cooking a plain hamburger at home rather then give her the junk food from fast food restaurants!

You make other idiots look less idiotic. 

Feed the cat......., CAT FOOD.

Cats shouldn’t eat human food. There’s a list online of foods they can have. Google foods cats can eat and then google foods they can’t.

i think once a week is too much because mcdonalds is really unhealthy..

What on earth made you feed your poor cat a BURGER? Cats are not people. They should not be eating junk food, and ESPECIALLY not something as unhealthy as a cheeseburger from McDonalds!

I would think anyone who's anyone would know this.

• PAMELA

Believe me, they do not get bored, a burger is much too fatty and salty for a cat, they just need good quality cat food and fresh water, if you really want to give your cat a treat, some freshly cooked chicken now and then is fine, but make sure that there are no bones in it!

i would ask your vet but i dont see why not, ive seen dogs eat pizza and spaghetti too