C asked in SportsFootball (American) · 2 months ago

Which NFL team should I root for? ?

I was a Rams fan when they were in St. Louis. Loved that team even when they sucked went to a lot of games. After they left I tried to root for them and support them but it wasn't the same. I also tried to root for the Chiefs but just never have been a big fan of the Chiefs. Which team should I root for I've narrowed it down to 3 teams that I like. 

Cardinals

Titans

Vikings

Wow, well, no one will ever accuse you of being a fairweather fan with those choices. A collective 0-6 in Superbowls

This is another sports blog site. Very awesome

https://mtpolice.org/

안전놀이터

You suck. You should never watch football again

WHICHEVER ONE TURNS YOU ON

Wow, well, no one will ever accuse you of being a fairweather fan with those choices.  A collective 0-6 in Superbowls, they are.  

I'm a Vikings fan so we'd love to have you on the bandwagon.  I think we're in for a rebuild before we can be serious contenders again, but the Vikings are almost always watchable.  We had a couple of rough years after the Denny Green team collapsed in 2001-2002, and that 2013 team was...yech.  2010 was an unexplainable dumpster fire after such a promising 2009, but they got back to the playoffs by 2012.  They've never had a sustained stretch of total sucking, which is nice.

If your goal is to maintain a connection to the city of St. Louis, go with the Cardinals.  They were the St Louis Cardinals for many years.  I also like where the team is headed - of all of the teams with losing records in 2019, I think the Cardinals have the best chance to win it all in the next 3 years.  Kyler Murray and Deandre Hopkins ought to turn defenses inside out and they've got a good couple of draft classes to support things.  It's just too bad Larry Fitzerald is no longer a game-changing target like he was a few years ago.

In the end it's totally up to you.  Root for whoever you want, and you can change as often as you want.  Personally, I respect anyone who picks a team and sticks with them (unless they ditch you and move to another city of course - then screw them.  LA Lakers?  Dallas Stars?  **** both of you.)  Bonus points if you have some compelling reason for picking your team in the first place, but loyalty is #1 in my book.

It's funny now that I think about it.  The Minneapolis Lakers moved to LA.  The Minnesota North Stars moved to Dallas.  MLB actuall voted to contract the Twins a couple of decades ago (the Twins won an appeal or something so it didn't happen), and before Red McCombs bought the Vikings in 1998 it looked like THEY were gonna move to LA (or somewhere).  I mean the Lakers thing was before I was born, but still, what's so bad about Minnesota that all major sports teams want to leave?

Root for the Vikings of those.

If you have to ask others who you should support, then you shouldn't be watching sports at all.

• Daddio

Steelers           

Root for my team, the Frisco 49ers. Otis Redding calls my area the "Frisco Bay" in his hit song, "The Dock of the Bay."  "I left my home in Georgia, and I headed for the Frisco Bay...."

• D.E.B.S.

Dallas FC is in Frisco; not the 49ers.

whichever one you want to root for

Whichever has the most success

• JoJo Potatoes

Oh do not listen to this man!  No one respects a "fan" of a team team who is only a fan because they're winning.