I get weird pain in my knee and cant straighten my leg. Anybody know why?

I used to do 3 sports year round, so i have some wear and tear on my knees. I can walk and run fine now but for some reason if i put a twisting force on my knee i get excruiating pain and cant straighten my leg. If i roll over in bed the wrong way I wake up in pain and cant straighten my leg for a while. I was told lcl tear by urgent care the first time. If feels like it sets in an hour or so then it feels weak but i can walk and run like nothing happened in a few minutes. I dont understand, if anybody has a clue as to what is happening

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

It's a sore knee joint.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Lili
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

See an orthopedist.  You need some imaging work done to figure out what injury/problem you've suffered and what procedure you need to repair it. Or possibly you'll just need PT. But obviously, don't do anything that puts a "twisting force" on it in the meantime.

This is really not the place to ask for any medical advice.

• 2 months ago

No but a real doctor might.

• Da
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Yes, you have an injury in the area near your knee, which that creates an issue in straightening your leg.

• LEE2 months agoReport

L 4 nerve injury...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

That's a sign of arthritic wear and tear. There could be cartilege or ligament damage, fluid build-up, or even some actual bone erosion already. If you don't get it re-imaged and treated, and actively follow any advice from the physiotherapist, it will get worse and then be harder to fix.  Order one of those neoprene knee supports with an open patella today, and make sure you wear it when putting extra  stress on that knee until you see the doctor.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Cartlidge problems, 

• patty
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

could be anything. I have osteoarthritis in my knees and I used to play a lot of sport. U may need an x ray or seomthing whatever your dr suggests

• A
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

sounds like arthritis, see a Dr

• 2 months ago

Why look for clues from others when an MRI can diagnose your problem?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.