Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

Do you trust the police in your area to protect you?

So I'm 22 and I've rang the police about 3 times in my life. Each time I've been disappointed in the service they've provided... they've never actually caught a single person who committed these crimes...

1) My brother saw someone getting jumped, intervened and got a beating himself. Police arrived at the hospital after ambulance picked them both up.

Both my brother and this guy gave a good description to what happened, this guy was beat to a pulp...

Out of the 3 guys, 1 of them took himself to hospital for minor injuries... police didn't speak to him... My brother heard nothing else... no follow up or anything.

2) I was mugged outside the City's Cathedral, despite the area having at least 5 CCTV cameras Ik of they were never caught and I heard nothing else.

3) A drugged up guy started knocking on my windows and trying to get in the house, I rang the police in a panic and explained. 30 mins later he's still trying to get in, grabbing at open windows etc and trying to pull them off hinges.

I ring up again they ask me if I think he's on anything, I said yes definitely… he's not speaking English we can't talk him down. I stayed up all night with the guy trying to break into my home... literally until he sobered up and walked off.

I rang the police 4 times, they never showed. I live in the UK so we can't stab an intruder, we have to restrain them and use only necessary force.

I just feel like now if I'm in trouble, I might as well sort it myself even if it's illegal.

I had an assaholic neighbor who constantly assaulted our sense of smell, hearing and sight. He also used verbal sexual attacks on us and was a major bully.

He trespassed on our property, so I called the police with video evidence. They said I needed to post "no trespassing" signs every 25 feet, so we did that on 190' of our property boarder. We were told that with posted signs, and additional trespassing, our neighbors would be fined. They trespassed again, the police were called and they did nothing but talk to the neighbor and told us that it is too much paperwork for a summons. Worthless idiots.

Another time, the assaholic neighbor put a boat on a trailer and locked it so it could not be moved off of our property. I photographed it and called the police. No can do...it was now a civil matter. Shortly thereafter, a wayward section of a dock washed up on the neighbors beach after a storm. Well, he put the dock section on our beach, so I took it, assover tea kettle, back where it came from. He then took the section of dock, chained and locked ot to our beach step railing......with the same chain and lock he used to lock the boat and trailer in our yard. I called the police and complained that his dog was pooping in our yard and now he padlocked a section of dock to our stair railing. I pointed out, with photos from the past incident, identifying the lock as his. He lied and said we stole the chain and lock from his garage. The cops did nothing. But in cop was pretty pissed off when his nice black polished shoes stepped in a big pile of the neighbor''s dog chit! I laughed in their faces. Good for nothing cops.

• swiftchick_123
      1 month agoReport

Been me and he put it in my yard I would have burned it to the ground.  when they asked why I would say I was just cleaning up the trash.

• Bill

Nope. The police are nothing more than employees of the state tasked with enforcing the will of politicians on everyone else. 

And btw, when the police are out arresting people for not wearing a mask or enforcing red flag laws there is no reason whatsoever to trust them or treat them with respect. 

Yes, police do protect people and I feel protected by them. 

• Bill
      1 month agoReport

When exactly do they protect people? Is that when they are shooting at someone running away from them or when they brag into someone's house to force medical treatment on them? Oh and yes, that last case actually happened recently. 

Yes the police in my area are very good. They patrol frequently and are always polite and helpful. I haven’t called them myself, but when neighbours have needed to, they have arrived very quickly. 

• F

Ha,Ha,Ha!

Funniest question ever.

Like them or not, trust me. Without them would be just caos. 

See what happened in "Espirito santo" when the cops struked for like a month

• e9601:

Yes, I've needed them 3 times and they arrived quickly.

Police have never shot at me.

Niggas have.

• P

The police in my neighborhood would have sent a dozen cops for any of those calls, but in my suburban area not much is going on at any given time, so it could be a resource issue in your case.

• Jack H

Absolutely, well, not the Police, but the Carabinierri are magnificent...