Ways of DIY toe amputation?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Get a hungry rat to gnaw it off. You may get bubonic plague as a free bonus!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Gigli Saw... YouTube it. Find a friend that works in the OR;) A bone saw and a tourniquet!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Chainsaw, though the saw wants more than just your toe and a gas chainsaw noise will mask the screaming in pain noise you will be making.

Yeah, there is no recommended DIY because then you got to learn about bandaiding.  It is hard to do while your eyes water excessively.

Not passable for You Tube or TicTok.

• 1 month ago

don't do it. causes excessive bleeding that will require going to the ER

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Zany
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Sharp wood chisel and an 8 lb. mallet. No worse then stubbing your big toe. Long done before pain with gauze already in place.

• Da
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Cable cutters will easily cut through the bone in one snip.

I'd go with that

• 1 month ago

I would think the best bet would be the tool used to lop limbs off trees.  You wouldn't even have to bend over.  No power required.  Simply squeeze the handles together and presto, no more toe.  Lots of blood, but no toe. 

• elhigh
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Lawn mower.

At least, that's how the kid down the street did it when I was a teenager. Idiot was mowing wet grass on a slope while wearing flip-flops, none of us were surprised.

• Matt
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Razor wire, hacksaw, sledgehammer or buzzsaw are my preferred methods (although not on my own toes, obviously).

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.