Moving with a car that can’t be towed?

I’m moving across country,Iike 3,000+ miles and it seems excessive to make two trips because my car can’t be towed by a uhaul. Is there a way to tow Mustangs??? Thx :D

• 4 days ago

When towing RWD and AWD vehicles use a trailer. If you have a FWD vehicle there are dolly's that lift and support the front tires

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
    5 days ago

Apparently you've never heard of a car trailer. 

• Anton
    5 days ago

What idiot told you that U-Haul will not tow a Mustang?  They will rent the car trailer, and will rent the moving truck to tow the trailer --

• Anton
      4 days agoReport

The only way to get me in a Mustang is with me unconscious.    Anonymous posted over two hours after I posted.  A "me too" post.

• Kaz
    5 days ago

You could rent a tow dolly (put the rear wheels on the dolly - towing it backwards) or a trailer.  

I think it would be a lot easier and less stressful to have the car shipped to your destination.  It's not cheap, but it's usually reasonable, and would be well worth the money (to me if I had to move).

• A
    5 days ago

rent a full size car trailer and tow it

• A.J.
    5 days ago

Options:

1) Sell it. Buy a different one when you get to your destination.

2) Have it shipped. Open trailers are much cheaper than closed ones. City endpoints are cheaper than remote locations. Flexible dates are better than fixed dates. Agents are cheaper than a direct carrier contract. 

3) There are single car trailers for cars but the vehicle doing the hauling needs a strong enough engine. A towed u-haul cannot tow another unit behind it. 

4) It may be possible to rent a truck big enough to drive the car into it. A mover did that with my car on a company paid move. 

5) Drive the Mustang, ship your stuff in a pod. 

6) Drive the Mustang, sell large furniture. Use busfreighter.com to ship cartons packed for rough handling.

• Mark
    5 days ago

By their front tires.   (Those contacting the road surface.)

• 5 days ago

One word: Trailer.

Two points.

• Eastside Guz
      4 days agoReport

Like a flatbed trailer which Anton displayed first.