Novyu asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

How do I get my brother to leave me be?

So I'm 18, my brother is 22. Ever since online classes started for me (around 3 months ago), he started coming into my room every 30 minutes or so, throwing my stuff around or slapping me (gotta clarify, he doesn't slap me hard, it's just his way of annoying me, however it can sometimes leave light bruises too). It's gotten so bad that today was the first time I shouted at him to stop after he grabbed me by the foot and almost made me fall off my chair.

He said multiple times that he does that out of boredom (he graduated 2 years ago) and that I'm supposed to find him a hobby.

I really hate what he's doing. I keep telling him to stop and go away. I feel like I have little to no privacy anymore and it's taking a toll on me emotionally. If it continues like this, I will only scream at him louder and louder to stop.

What can I do?

Update: PLEASE DO NOT ANSWER THIS QUESTION ANYMORE. I wanted to close this question since I am only getting encouragements of disturbing violent actions instead of actual reasonable solutions.

Favorite Answer

You talk to your parents, ask them to intervene, and ask for a lock on your bedroom door. He is assaulting you and your parents should not allow him to do that. Doesn't he have a job?

• Amaretta

Then talk to your parents about installing a regular door that you can lock or adding a lock of some kind to the slide door. His "hobby" should be looking for a job until he finds one. Until then, maybe he should get some exercise outside your home. He's too old to be hitting you like a child.

Call 911. He is trying to control you leading to most likely sexual predator.

Well, you can do several things here:

1)  Lock your room

2)  Do your online classes locked in the bathroom.

3)  Get a weapon like a paint ball gun, a water pistol or even a stun gun.

4)  Buy an airhorn online.  It comes in a can with compressed air.  Blast him.

5)  Consider an electrified cattle prod.

Is your brother retarded or developmentally disabled?

He should be out working or going to college and it's NOT YOUR JOB TO FIND HIM A HOBBY!

A slide door locks easier than any other kind, so that excuse is RIGHT out. Get an ASP and when he tries that garbage on you, put him in the hospital a few days. Wait until he`s sleeping, and beat his head in with a cast iron frying pan. Set his bed on fire with him in it. Break his leg with a sledge hammer. Knock his teeth down his throat. Make it so he has to use a catheter the rest of his life. I NEVER get fooled with more than once. EVER.

• J

Go to Home Depot or other hardware store. Buy a $2 lock for your door. I suggest one of those mini dead bolt locks that you can install with a screwdriver. Or you can change the doorknob to a locking one. Ask your parents before doing this, since it’s their home. Installing a lock shouldn’t take more than a few minutes.

• J

There’s gotta be some kind of lock you can put on a sliding door. Even if you have to create it yourself. Use your imagination. 

Your brother wants attention hes lonely and he cant admit it .if he were my brother i would say lets hang out but  there are two conditionsyou have to stop it with the rough housing and give me time alone 

Buy a can of dog repellent, and then spray him in the face the next time he bothers you.

• Lily

He is a grownass adult and needs to find his own damn hobbies. Here is what I recommend: Order some pepper spray online. He won't want to break into your room and bother you anymore. 

Also, why on earth do your parents let a 22 year old bum stay at home responsibility free (by the sounds of it, if he is so bored with nothing to do) and bully his sister?

Put a lock on your door!

Get him a pocket saxaphone. They're really cheap and hard to learn to play! Small and easy to transport though.