Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsPhysics · 2 months ago

Do you believe in parallel universes?

Favorite Answer

They must exist because I surely don't belong in this one!  I came from something totally different.

alternate timelines, parallel worlds/universes ?

I find that stuff REALLY fascinating and interesting.

I believe in them yes.

theres infinite versions of our lives, being played out differently somewhere else.

there are timelines where some of the people who had boarded those doomed flights on 9/11 didn't get on those planes and their lives played out differently in another universe or dimension.

Likewise, in another universe The South Won the American Civil War, Soviet Union under Stalin invaded Europe, King Charles 1 and the Royalists hold out and eventualy defeat the Parliamentarians,  The Allies somehow lost the 1991 Gulf War,  Princess Diana survived the 1997 crash...

but do you see how in these examples, not all of them could have occured in the same universe or timeline ??

there is cause and effect.

For instance If the south had won the american civil war,  imagine the consequences of that for the rest of the world ?  would ww2 have panned out the way it did as a result of what happened in american civil war ?

likewise,  would Princess Diana have even existed if the Royalists had defeated the Parliamentarians and the Puritans in the English Civil War ?  Maybe everything would have been very different.

There is no telling.

There are infinite possibilities to everything that ever played out in the past.

• Tom

Yes, but not another TWIN(S) of this one but other Universes with their own Stars, Galaxies and planets with similar laws of our own---But ALL existing in essentially the "Same space" NOT being "Real" relative to another.---On another "Frequency", so to speak.----Not unlike different radio waves from different stations filling the same "Air", but the only one being "Real" to us is the one we are "Tuned to"

Ultimately ALL Particles are WAVES. The waves make up the atoms, molecules, etc.  NOTHING is really "Solid" Solidity is simply an illusion of opposing forces.  Atoms will have certain wave attributes that if matching, will make then "Interactive" or "Real" relative to each other.  So only the atoms that match the attributes of the atoms that make up our bodies are REAL relative to us.---And that set of matching atoms form OUR UNIVERSE.     

But other atoms are just as real in the absolute sense, so matching sets of them would make other parallel universes too.     We cant sense other parallel universes because they simply are not "Real" relative to us and vice versa.  Or they might be only some kind of "background energy" or non interactive substance relative to us and each other----Perhaps "DARK MATTER/ENERGY" are what the stuff of parallel universes are relative to us and each other.---Only "WIMPS" relative to us and each other (very) mildly interacting particles sharing only a gravity signature.

In THIS parallel universe I don't. But in a different parallel universe I do.  Oh, yes, in that other parallel universe you didn't even ask this question at all.

What I am looking for is the parallel universe where I am rich, handsome, debonair and irresistible to women.  I haven't found it yet.

No and the me in all of the others don't believe in it also.

I believe in a possibility of this. Since it’s just a theory I can’t say I believe this yet. 

No, there is no evidence for it and no reason for it. On the other hand a multidimensional universe seems plausible and fits with many models of the creation of the universe. 'Parallel universe' implies it is like ours but divergent from a point. The nature of a  multidimensional universe would depend on which dimensions we exist in. As it is, we only know three dimension plus time.

The universe is mirage  (A Trinity), bilaterally fused with Angels which are Demons in parallel.

The ties which keep the dead alive in bondage.

The idea of self in what is not the self is due to incorrect understanding, the idea in what is unreal O Rama, know that to be the mind.

The mind is the creator of the world.

The mind is the creator of the objects of perception.

The Three worlds (Trinity) is reliant upon it.

The evil spirit of desire stains the inner person.

One with in-turned mind offers all the three worlds like dried grass in an oblation in the fire of knowledge becomes free from the illusions of the mind.

The mind is Samsara (Maya) Illusion itself.

The body is activated by the mind, just as a tree is shaken by the wind.

The only God to be conquered is the mind.

Yoga Vasistha Sara

100%! It’s the only theory that even remotely makes sense and accounts for all the weirdness around us all the time!

Yes, for several reasons. The most important is probably that the physical constants of the Universe seem to be fine-tuned, which requires the existence of a creator or imply that it is one of many universes with various physical properties.

• neb

Andrew. - why would you think the fundamental constants are arbitrary and random as opposed to a reason why they have the values they do?