Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 5 days ago

fear of dying and going to hell?

I grew up catholic but gone to Christian church in my parents household. I never could listen or understand when in church, I would either fall asleep or draw. I obviously know the basics of the Bible Adam & Eve, Cain & Able, Noah Arc, Water Split in half, The Rapure, and maybe few small side storys but that is all I know. I seen them on VHS as cartoons. . Whenever the church did this thing every go to the front of the stage with nostalgic feelings to be save process, i was i don't know confused, scared i was the outcast only one it seem that didn't take it seriously while my mom was crying trying to get me to i guess repent/saved but no one ever really help me understand the Bible as if like a teacher in school.

I never liked reading even in school correlation reading the Bible plus i don't know where to begin. I tried reading page 1 just like a novel but because i know the basics Bible it is boring to read.. Don't suggest a audio reader that is stupid I've tried that already.. I mean i can understand the Bible i guess but only if i am entertained learning the Bible hence (good entertained able pastor etc)

I have never been the worshipping type of kid or person (i am 27). I like to live life, enjoy nature, photography, automotive sport. I never like to hurt anyone but I am not perfect and as anyone want success but how is that sinful? I just want success and enjoy life then worship but I am scare of going to hell, it keep me up at night. Anyone else have this same issue?

Updated 5 days ago:

I didn't put it in religion section because that another thing they alway say "it not that you CAN'T but you WON'T" IT IS NOT THAT SIMPLE! I hate that when religion people respond that.. no one in there right mind would choose or even want to go to hell.

Updated 5 days ago:

is it possible when we died we could just roam the earth or even the universe? I am also scared of going to judgment day. Why be force to do that if God gave us free will?

Updated 5 days ago:

I mean what harm could that cause if I want to roam the earth or universe after death? It beat going to hell if not get heaven. 

Updated 5 days ago:

I think I know God exists i seen proof experiment that the church i gone to when I was a child.. but I don't know i was never a worshipping on knee type of kid.. or person. I'm not kid anymore 27

Updated 5 days ago:

If some answer this question neither he'll or heaven exists. How do you or would know that before death? I don't want to died then finding out they do exist.. its all so depressing 😞 

• 5 days ago
    Favorite Answer

I used to have the same fear when I was your age though I was raised in a Baptist and not Catholic Church. I’m 50 now and many years of wisdom have changed my whole outlook. I don’t believe in a God, per say, like I used to. I’m now Agnostic. Basically I am spiritual and believe that there is a higher power, but I don’t think it’s God or any other man made religious folklore. Religion is a completely man made idea that does nothing more than to unify those who practice a religion under a particular ideology. One doesn’t need to be a particular religion nor believe in God in order to be spiritual and faithful. I’ve come to see that as terribly imperfect creatures, humans will screw up but as long as we do our best to be good people in life we will be fulfilled inside while also fostering good in others. “Hell” was invented by the Catholic Church before the crusades to scare pagans into Christianity. Hell is only a metaphor in the Bible. Be a good person and stop stressing about Hell.

• Anonymous2 days agoReport

Seeing as I DIDN'T know about his death, how do you explain the caress? I clearly didn't imagine it!! As well - you migfht ask a priest/doctors/nurses who work in hospitals. THEY could tell you what they've witnessed. Your 'rationale' makes you look ignorant.

• 10 hours ago

I am a Christian.  I am much more afraid of ceasing to exist than hell.  Ceasing to exist is much worse to me.

• Judee
    3 days ago

God gave you free will for the period of time that you will be on this earth.  No-one knows for how long that will be so it's wise to use that time doing the right, good and best things.  Everyone gains from that.  NO SIN will be found in Heaven which means that, if you have not confessed your sins, put right as many as it is humanly possible to put right you will die in your sin and be turned away on Judgement Day as unforgiven.  

God has given us the information we need, He gave us His Son to take our sins from us but, for that to happen, you must accept that Jesus IS the one sent to save us by dying in our place (taking OUR punishment for sin) so that we need not be punished.  If you have confessed all sin, asked Jesus into your heart, accepted that He is our Lord and Saviour and that He loves you then you will be SAVED and dwell for eternity in Heaven with Him.  If you do not accept that then you will die still guilty of sin which will then be punished in the next life because you refused the gift of SALVATION.

5 days ago

It sounds to me as if you sfr frm

some kind of low self stm issu &

cld benefit from med's so do pls

seek help!

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]6

• Judee
      3 days agoReport

Anon, please don't use your homemade version of shorthand. It's much easier to read all things when they are written correctly and would take only a few seconds longer to do so.

• DP.
    5 days ago

Look...

Either there is a God or there isn't?If there is a God then either He communicated with us or He didn't?If He did then He gave clear instruction or He's an idiot.If He gave clear instruction, which book?If you don't like reading, then it's like saying..."Hey Guys, I've got this really complicated manual on how to operate this really fantastic TV, but I don't like reading so what do I do?"..simple either throw the TV away or read the book.

In like manner if you want to know God then you have to read His book and there's really no excuse.  There are so many different versions, that are more interesting, or even books on the bible that present the bible in a different way.  You have less excuse today than ever before.      One example is a book by Walter Wangerin called The Book of God, which is basically the bible stories in the format of a novel.It's your choice!

• 5 days ago

All you need to do is find a true worshiping church where you heard tongues.....and go forward and when they say what you like God to do for you answer saying, "God's knows what he going to do with me"...... it will open your eyes and you will see God, hear God, and become a tongue speaking Christian.....Seek you shall find ...open and enter...ask you shall receive.....after all, you only have 70 years to live well and blessing for each day after.....so take this fear and place it on Christ and let him take responsibility over your salvation is that not what he said....Nothing can take you from his hand and when Satan temps you he will make and escape and this guy can tell you I would be a loser if I did not have him as a friend....

• Judee
      3 days agoReport

The bible tells us that God gives His gifts to whom He chooses, to some He gives the gift of tongues but to others He gives other gifts.  Nowhere does the bible say that ALL must be able to speak in tongues.

• 5 days ago

Hell is certainly a scary concept and I suspect that is why it is used in several religions. It was only after I studied religions and their history in general that I come to learn the concept is indeed man made. The Original Sin from the bible that gets passed to every generation is human nature itself. It is in our nature to do what is right and what is believed to be good, but it is also in our nature to cheat or take shortcuts. Most of this dilemma is caused by having an intellectual side and an emotional side where the two sides don't always agree and the person behaves irrationally (emotions go against the intellect). Religion is on such area where irrationality is required to maintain religious belief. Ignorant people can easily accept the religions, but more intelligent people have to resort to a willful ignorance in order to protect their belief. The only way to get rid of your fear of hell is to study the bible for yourself, where you can see the ignorance of humans at work, where typically a natural event occurs and then religious minds invent magical stories to explain them. This still happens today. Until you can know and understand that hell is indeed made up, you mind will fear what it doesn't understand.

• 5 days ago

Never try to read the Bible.

Those who aquire the world/fornicators go to the physical church.

The ego can be a master of religion and subdue its subject. 

Those who have aquired the world are the most religious, (Like any other emotionally subscripted multitude as 'I am'), and like a weapon will use it to prove a point and justify themselves by creating a contemptuous apostate.

Hell is where bad things become normal seduced by what looks and feels like heaven, but it actually being a divine destruction.

To them the world looks beautiful on the outside eating flesh with flies unawares (Babbeling double entendre patwa), and you can always see them in hats and b0nking slicks in the grave with the bow ties whom also let them in - And they know they can see straight through them.

Cashing in, so to speak.

• Cynthia4 days agoReport

That sounds crazy.  Sorry.

• Cogito
    5 days ago

You need to be realistic.

Men invented the concept of hell to get the population to obey their masters.  "Misbehave and you'll go to hell."They also invented the concept of heaven.

"Don't complain, do as we tell you, put up with your terrible life and you'll get a fantastic afterlife."

Neither really exist.

Make the most of THIS life, as it's all anyone will ever get.