Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 6 days ago

Help Please!!!  I feel like I want to be a girl!?

Hello,

I am very confused and need help or advice.  I am a boy, but sometimes I feel like I should wear girls clothes or like I want to be a girl.  There is a lot of times I feel like I need or am a girl, and I want to start dressing in girls clothes, even though I sadly don't have any:(  I am just in my early teens and am confused, and am wondering if I should be a girl?  When I feel like I need to be a girl, it is really strong feeling and I think I should never dress or act like a boy again!  And then I really like the idea of being a girl. Is there something wrong with me? Or is this normal or what should I do?  

• 4 days ago
    Favorite Answer

That sounds tough njou. I would try a regular therapist if this persists any longer. I know a young man who let everyone know when he was 26 he had been feeling this way since he was just a young teen also! It was very confusing for parents, parent's friends and extended family, but his friends took is amazingly well. I really don't know what to think about your situation and similar situations, but I am sorry you are struggling with this. To tell the truth, one of reasons parents don't like this so much is because they know how hard this will make their children's lives, at least in the foreseeable future.  Parents want their kids to live the smoothest life possible, which you probably can understand.  

• Dave
    2 days ago

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

• D1218
    4 days ago

It is for certain people if they want to try something different.

• 6 days ago

There used to be a time when parents were parents and nipped this in the bud with a slap to the face.

• Spiral
    6 days ago

You should speak with a gender conversion therapist.

• audrey
    6 days ago

No It's not normal. Just forget about girl stuff and go back to being what you were born as. A BOY.

• njou6 days agoReport

I try my best to do that, but the feeling always comes back.  I can't get rid of it after 2 years.

• fcas80
    6 days ago

You should find an adult you trust and discuss this in confidence.  You are not the only one who feels like this, but you are not going to get good personal guidance from anonymous people on Yahoo Answers.  Good luck, whatever you decide.

• 6 days ago

You need to speak with a counselor or therapist that specializes in gender dysphoria and other gender issues.

• Dze
    6 days ago

you could practice with a banana for awhile until you get the hang of it ...

• 6 days ago

Not 'normal' no, in the sense that not many people feel like you do, but not unheard of either. Having said that, you really need to talk to a therapist, as the prejudice that you are likely to face as transgender can be extreme, and sometimes violent.