Turning back the odometer on Toyota/Lexus I don't want to do this just want to know if it can be done?

Turning back the odometer on Toyota/Lexus I don't want to do this just want to know if it can be done?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

It is illegal.  End of story.  We do not want to be partners in crime.

• Sky watcher2 months agoReport

I suspect that MY vehicle was tampered with so either help or keep your peace

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

i own a garage in uk ..i never have ..but if i wanted to i could make a phone call ..and the guy who comes out guarantees he can clock any car ..£100 for what mileage you want ..fact is over here in uk we have whats called an MOT test if car is 3 years old or more ..the mileage is recorded every time ..so its another reason not to cheat 

• Sky watcher2 months agoReport

This is for a electronic  (LCD Display). I imagine a dealer could do this with their factory  OBDI access tool ? I know the old school ODO's could be set back . I am talking a vehicle that is 5 years old.

• Snezzy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes, it is possible to put a different odometer in, or to mess with it somehow. It's generally illegal if you use the revised number as being the original number. 

One of my trucks has two different odometers, depending on which dash module I happen to have installed. (I'm trying to fix at least one of them so it's perfect, and neither one has a working odometer right now.) In my case it's not important, because the truck is nearly 30 years old, and I plan to keep it long enough to use it as my coffin. No, I won't sell it to you!

• ...Show all comments
    • Snezzy
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Obviously someone must have tried. Also obviously the digital odometers ought to be built to prevent that stuff. Details? Don't know.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.