?
? asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 month ago

Of all the ways to cut spending, why did the Conservatives cut the police funds?

Here on UK Answers , I am referring to The Conservative Party

• joshua

I actually agree with that. 

The most costly expense for a city is its police force...and not even payroll but pensions and a police union is often the single most powerful political entity in a city and has a stranglehold on city politicians. Now let’s look at cities like my home town, Baltimore with a 12% murder conviction rate, yet a rising murder rate. What are we getting for that money? 

I will admit, I’m very bias when it comes to police so that does affect my opinion....Sorry but you try being a black man who’s had a gun pointed at your head by police, slammed up against the wall and your pockets ran through, on several occasions, 4th amendment rights be damned..tell me how you’d feel about police afterwards 

WHERE? There are no conservatives in the US government at the federal level. Almost none at the state level. 

Because you have been told a lie.  Federal government does not control police spending. If you are talking about cuts to the police force, that would be state and local and thus very dependent upon location with people from both sides both increasing and decreasing spending, once again depending upon location.

in California the state and counties are cutting police, fire, education and public assistance funding for the poor...

...not a single one has even stated that they're even remotely willing to look at the state's public worker salaries and pension fund....which costs the state a TRILLION dollars each year....

Conservatives are not in control of Congress right now. Congress controls government spending.

Police are funded at the local level primarily by property taxes .

Police Depts. are not funded by federal dollars .

• Conservatives are soft on crime.