Providence asked in PetsCats · 6 days ago

Is it true that cats are useless pets and that they are only like living decorations?

• Sky
    1 day ago

So what is the purpose of a pet?  The purpose is to provide their humans with happiness, companionship, and love.  If the human caretaker(s) get that happiness and enjoy having the cat in the home then that cat's purpose has been fulfilled and therefore false, cats are not useless.

• 2 days ago

No, they are a living animal. They are sweet, playful. they cuddle if you let them. This is my baby. He is a Russin Blue

5 days ago

Cats are good mousers. They kill mice and rats. Also the purring of a cat prevents heart attacks. 

• Anna
      2 days agoReport

Exactly Anonymous. And as well as the purring stroking a cat can ease your stress levels.

• keerok
    5 days ago

TRUE!

They only come home to eat and drink. You can't pet or hug them any time you want. You have to wait for them to come to you themselves. Their pee is the stinkiest thing ever after a skunk's spray and they claw at everything including the door, the sofa, the ref., and the foot of your desk that always bumps your leg,

Peace...

• Charlie3 days agoReport

People that say cats stink are usually too lazy to clean up after one properly and are in turn, filthy themselves. If you take care of a cat, & make sure it has a clean environment... you'd probably get more hugs from it.

• 6 days ago

Yes its true.

Except that they are destructive and catboxes stink.. So they arent even good decorations. Unless clawed up woodwork is aesthetic to you.

• Nope, my house doesn't stink, Nekkid. I have people over all the time and they always want to come back even before I ask them to.
      Even if "every cat you've met" was destructive, that doesn't change the fact that mine aren't and never have been. My one boy doesn't even need or want a scratching post

6 days ago

No.  My cat brings me mice and rats all the time.  It's so much easier for her to kill the breeding pairs than for me to have to kill them when there's like 10 dozen of them.

• 6 days ago

Cats are beautiful little animals.  

• 6 days ago

It has been shown that pets like cats and dogs can help a person live longer by reducing their stress. Of course some cats and dogs can be a pain in the butt but most are not.

• 6 days ago

Sometimes, I really wish my cats were only living decorations and leave me ALONE! They are both bonded to me and my husband, and when you have any bonded animal, they do not leave you alone. My cats are my shadows. 

And as far as useless goes? HA. Maybe some cats aren't able to cat, but I see a bug, a spider in my house and within a few hours, they're gone, with my cats munching happily on their little protein boosts. Cats are excellent little hunters. Many times, I'll see one staring up or chattering away at something, and sure enough, something gross is there. They are my little bug detectors. 

• 6 days ago

A lot of people find them to be very pets.