• Anonymous
    2 months ago

The best defense is a good offense?

Attachment image
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Mr.357
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

There is no best or there would only be one.  I prefer my Dan Wesson .357 Mag or my LC9s.  My son prefers anything but a Glock in .45 ACP.  My nephew likes a Glock in .40 S&W.

• Megumi
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

You may need to use your firearm as quickly as possible. One of my friends told about awakening to see a man looking in drawers in his bedroom. He reached under his pillow and drew his Walther "PP Super" that was made only for West German police. If he relied upon a shotgun or rifle, he would need more time to reach it. You cannot sleep with them in bed with you, but a pistol fits neatly under a pillow. In Japan, I would use our military pistol the SIG-Sauer P220 called Minebea P9. Civilians are not allowed to own guns in Japan, but I have enough money to buy one on the black market! 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

The one that does the job the best for you. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

In that moment of crisis it doesn't matter. The most common is .22LR and 12ga shotgun.

9mm a close 3rd.

Scattered about the house, I have a 12 ga, .45 pistol, .380 pistol, .22 mag pistol, all a moments reach and any will solve a problem.

.30-30, 7.62X51, and .22-250 handgun are locked in the gun closet.

• Sandra K
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

A .22 rimfire is inadequate for home defense. 

• Robin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

sawn off 12 gauge with buck 4

• Quinn
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

It depends on your circumstances. There is no one size fits all firearm and the laws in your state may not allow certain firearms. It also depends on your level of experience and your current state of health; some people due to health issues may not be able to handle a heavier or larger firearm than someone without the same issues. There is also your home and whether it is an apartment with paper thin walls or a house in the countryside with the nearest neighbor miles away.

• 2 months ago

Best usually = most expensive.

Shame you did not describe your 'Home' and what you consider the threat is.  Because the best for someone who lives in a cabin 'home' out in the middle of nowhere - that firearms when used in an apartment complex will pass through the wall of several other families.  

There is an area for adding details.  You should come back and use it.  Tell us  your experience, training, skills - describe your home - and tell us what you are worried about.   

• 2 months ago

The one you are trained with and can shoot accurately under adrenaline and pressure.

• 2 months ago

12 Gauge Shotgun

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.