Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

God doesn't exist?

• Nous
    Favorite Answer

The first person to produce a single tiny little piece of verifiable evidence for any god will become world famous and mega rich!

Academia states that in the absence of any sort of evidence of the existence of something it must be deemed not to exist until verifiable evidence is found - thus god is held not to exist pending some sort of verifiable evidence.

The bible is what is called "Faction” A fictional story set in a factual time and place. Thus the time, place and real historical characters are all correct but the fictional characters and stories are not!

There is not one single mention of Jesus in the entire Roman record - that is right - not one! At the same time as he was supposed to have been around there were a number of Jews claiming to be the messiah - all of whom are well recorded!

There is not a single contemporary record from any source and even the bible mentions of him like all other references were not written until many years after his supposed death!

He was supposed to have been a huge problem to the Romans and produced wonderful miracles but still not one contemporary record?

Even the bible mentions of him like all other references were not written until many years after his supposed death!

Pilate is recorded in the Roman record as a somewhat lack luster man but no mention of a Jesus, a trial or crucifixion that would surely have been used to make him look brighter!

At best he was an amalgam of those others but almost certainly never existed!

Not one word of it is contemporary with the period and was not written until several hundred years after the period the story is set in!! How did the apostles write their books more than a hundred years after they would have been dead?

Christianity is an invention of the Italians and that is why it came from the Holy ROMAN Catholic church!

Please realize that those claims for the Old historians are worthless since they were not even born until long after everyone in the stories would have been so long dead!

Josephus AD 37 – AD 100

Tacitus AD 56 – AD 120

Suetonius - 69 – 130 AD

Pliny the Younger, 61 AD – 112 AD

Justin Martyr (Saint Justin) AD103–165 AD

Lucian - AD 120 -180 AD but he was hostile to Christianity and openly mocked it.

Pamphilius AD 240-309 AD

Eusebius AD 263 – 339 AD

Photius AD 877 – 886 AD

Thallus - But there are no actual record of him except a fragment of writing which mentions the sack of Troy [109 BC] Showing that he was clearly not alive in biblical times.

Some even try to use Seneca. 4 BCE – 65 CE but as a Stoic Philosopher he opposed religion yet made not a single mention of a Jesus or Christianity!

Even funnier is trying to claim Celsus AD ? – 177 AD Who said that Jesus was a Jew who’se mother was a poor Jewish girl whose husband, who was a carpenter, drove her away because of her adultery with a Roman soldier named Panthera. She gave birth to an illegitimate child named Jesus. In Egypt, Jesus became learned in sorcery and upon his return presented himself as a god.

Research shows whilst education reduces religious belief each year of further education reduces religious belief by up to 10%!

Is it a question or a statement ? 🤔

Anyway, God DOES exist. If he hadn't, you wouldn't have existed either.

You need to say: godS, since men created many of them ( amid other): Allah, the Christian god, Brahman, etc.. Etc ...

Joh 14:21 Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.

I have met Yeshua ("Jesus") a number of times over the past 25 years. He is real, He is alive, He has spoken to me, and I have spoken to Him. Each encounter was unexpected and unique. Search YouTube for "Jesus encounter" and you will see He has appeared to atheists, Jews, Muslims, etc...

John 8:23-24 Yeshua said to them, “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he [the messiah, the Son of God] you will die in your sins.”

Matthew 10:37-38 [Yeshua speaking] Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.

Is Yeshua the most important thing in your life? How much time do you spend with Him every day? Is He your friend?

To "take up your cross" is to deny the desires (not the needs) of the flesh and be obedient to the laws and commandments of God. As you develop a relationship with Yeshua ("Jesus") you will hear from the Holy Spirit (Dreams, Visions, Words of Knowledge, Words of Wisdom, etc...) You must be obedient to what the Holy Spirit communicates to you without hesitation. If you are asked to do something, or told not to do something, the immediate answer is "Yes Lord", worry about the details later - He will lead and guide you in accomplishing anything you are asked to do as you do it.

Spend 30 minutes or more every day reading your Bible (reading out loud) slowly, taking your time, and meditating on the things you are reading. Start with Matthew and read to the end, then start at the beginning. I use the ESV, but the King James (not the "New" King James) is the most accurate translation as it is the ONLY translation that uses the Textus Receptus manuscripts.

Spend time in prayer every day (praying out loud), again taking your time and not rushing through them. Here are prayers I say every day. Modify them as you see fit for your situation and circumstances:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t3e692qfrg2djho/Daily%20...

If you are willing to set aside the things that take up most of your time (TV, movies, gaming, Facebook, Internet, etc... you know what you spend most of your time doing), and dedicate three hours every evening to the Lord, within a few months if not sooner you will see a mighty move of God in your life. Develop the following routine and stick to it consistently:

Spend the first hour praying in tongues. Praying in tongues (out loud) is probably the most important thing I have learned to do. Since I started doing this I have had numerous dreams, visions, and even encounters with Yeshua. Here is a document that will help you understand and get started:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yoo6e7yldff2z52/Pray%20i...

Spend the second hour waiting on the Lord quietly. This will help you learn how:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u4vjs8pr5aphr66/Wait%20A...

Spend the third hour singing (out loud) praise and worship songs. These songs should mention the blood of Jesus, the cross, and/or attributes of the character and nature of God. Here are a few of my favorites (you can set it to shuffle play so they play in random order):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2kjGV_3m9r...

In addition to that I like to listen to "soaking" music at a low volume while praying, reading, or waiting on the Lord. Here is the music I use:

• Paul

Hoooooooooooooooo-Hummmmmmmmmm . That's for the hundreds of millions of people who know Him and live in daily relationship with Him.

i'm not sure if he does or doesn't. we'll all find out someday.

True ... there's no reason to believe any gods exist.

Gods and magic are the most ludicrous things primitive man ever invented to explain anything.

~

That's correct.                                

If you believe that the Bible says you are a fool.

There is no evidence for one to reach that conclusion, no. 

• Everard

There's no verifiable evidence to reach any other conclusion.
      ~

• Jeff

Thousands of years have passed. Millions of cult believers have tried proving god is real

Their result is the same every time ---- NO PROOF. NO EVIDENCE. NO GOD.

All the rest of us can do is agree with the outcome of all their efforts.