Should high priced restaurants ban children under 10 during dinner hours? Hate paying $200 for dinner and have to listen to screaming kids?

Favorite Answer

I told a couple of restaurant managers I will not patronize their establishments because they do not provide a fine dining experience, like it says in their sign or advertisement.  There’s one restaurant here in Tampa, Florida where I live that will not put up with rowdy children or adults for that matter.  

Yes definetly, if you can afford a pricey meal you can afford to pay a baby sitter. I even say this should apply to regular restaurants. I hate having to spend money and tip on food and listen to screaming. Kids are otherwise welcome just be considerate when people are paying extra money to be someplace.

Here is my gage....if I want to dine without young children, I do not go to restaurants that have a children''s menu or who have high chairs/booster seats.

No,becaise they kids also custmers

at $200 a meal, I can't imagine THAT many children running around or maybe Applebee's isn't the best place to drop $200

I don't know of any restaurant that would deny a family to bring along the children. Not much you can do about this.

Then don't go to that restaurant.

Where do you live?  Maybe your area has rich people that don't care what their kids do?  Where I live, I don't see poorly-behaved kids in restaurants with $200 dinners.  Children that know manners, yes.  But even in mid-range restaurants, when a child starts acting up, a parent takes them outside.  It's only in the family places that there's noise.

When you dine in "public", you should expect to encounter "the public".

If you want a controlled environment, stay in your own home.

• Orla

You pay 200 dollars for dinner ??

• Orla

Sounds delicious...That type of fine dining is a rarity for me though....I'm jealous.

Two best things: complain to manager or get up and leave.