Should high priced restaurants ban children under 10 during dinner hours? Hate paying $200 for dinner and have to listen to screaming kids?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I told a couple of restaurant managers I will not patronize their establishments because they do not provide a fine dining experience, like it says in their sign or advertisement.  There’s one restaurant here in Tampa, Florida where I live that will not put up with rowdy children or adults for that matter.  

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Yes definetly, if you can afford a pricey meal you can afford to pay a baby sitter. I even say this should apply to regular restaurants. I hate having to spend money and tip on food and listen to screaming. Kids are otherwise welcome just be considerate when people are paying extra money to be someplace.

• 1 month ago

Here is my gage....if I want to dine without young children, I do not go to restaurants that have a children''s menu or who have high chairs/booster seats.

• 2 months ago

No,becaise they kids also custmers

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

at $200 a meal, I can't imagine THAT many children running around or maybe Applebee's isn't the best place to drop $200

• 2 months ago

I don't know of any restaurant that would deny a family to bring along the children. Not much you can do about this.

• 2 months ago

Then don't go to that restaurant.

Where do you live?  Maybe your area has rich people that don't care what their kids do?  Where I live, I don't see poorly-behaved kids in restaurants with $200 dinners.  Children that know manners, yes.  But even in mid-range restaurants, when a child starts acting up, a parent takes them outside.  It's only in the family places that there's noise.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

When you dine in "public", you should expect to encounter "the public".

If you want a controlled environment, stay in your own home.

• Orla
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

You pay 200 dollars for dinner ??

• ...Show all comments
    • Orla
      Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

Sounds delicious...That type of fine dining is a rarity for me though....I'm jealous.

• 2 months ago

Two best things: complain to manager or get up and leave.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.